Advanced

Re: Checker Request for GC893YT - “WA’s Oldest and Dearest 50 Challenge”

Hi,
I am hoping i can get a checker developed for GC893YT - “WA’s Oldest and Dearest 50 Challenge”

Country - Australia
State - Western Australia

Requirement - Find 50 of the 100 oldest published caches in the state of Western Australia. -Qualifying caches must be active (not archived) at the time of logging the challenge - Any cache type permitted for qualification.

Cheers,
Jason
June 08, 2019 10:28AM
Here's a checker for you:

https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC893YT/43265

Please test and let us know if it's suitable.
Thank you .. seems to work well :)
One thing .. will the check count reset to zero when the cache is published?
June 08, 2019 01:00PM
No, those counters will never reset. They don't mean much anyway.
No probs .. thanks for your time

Jason
Hi again,
I have changed my mind after a bit of thought ... is it hard to change the minimum requirement to 60 finds instead of 50?

Regards,
Jason
[New] GC893YT - Revision Please
June 09, 2019 12:20PM
Hi,
Yesterday i had a script made for GC893YT by pieterix. I would like to change the finds required to qualify for the challenge from 50 to 60 please. Not sure how to contact pieterix directly on here though?
Cheers,
Jason
June 09, 2019 01:27PM
Changed from 50 to 60. Checker link unchanged.
Thank you ... sorry to mess you around.

Jason
November 17, 2019 02:27PM
Hi,

Today i had a cacher contact me stating that his qualifying number of finds for this challenge was reduced by one when a qualifying cache that he had previously found was placed “offline”. Is someone able to look into this for me please?

Regards,
Jason
November 17, 2019 10:05PM
I have sent a message to pieterix
November 17, 2019 11:11PM
Thanks guys .. much appreciated :)
Hi,

Today I used the checker for this cache & noticed that it has included archived finds? We are sure it had not done this previously. I then used another cacher on the checker & theirs appears to be the same.

Can someone please have a look into this for us.

Many thanks
Janine
June 29, 2020 10:47AM
Your checker is set to
"excludeArchived": false,
"excludeDisabled": false,
"includeOwned": true

which as per the instruction of HQ to the reviewers.

This means that if somebody has found a cache, hidden earlier than the last date on your list, this should count towards the challenge.
Hi,
This checker was originally set up to exclude archived caches at the time of qualifying for the challenge, as stated in my first post on this thread. Running the checker now, it is including caches that were archived before we found them ... something has changed and it now does not comply to our challenge cache requirements. Could we please get this changed ?

Regards,
Jason
June 29, 2020 11:44AM
Only pieterix can change this but if he does you do not comply with the guidelines and there is a possibility that geocaching HQ would archive your cache
Really ..?
I am curious as to why does it not comply with GC guidelines? .. All we are trying to do is exclude archived caches from the qualifying list at the time of qualification which is how the checker used to be when we published it.
June 29, 2020 11:55AM
Let me know if you really want me to change it, given the note posted by vogelbird.
Hi,
Yes we would like it changed please .. just curious as to why GC would maybe archive it if we had it changed to how it used to be?
June 29, 2020 12:04PM
Archived caches excluded from checker. Shall I exclude disabled caches too?
No .. just archived please.
June 29, 2020 12:10PM
I actually retracted that in my head after asking the question. *grin*
Thank you :)
Still curious as to why GC might archive it when that is how it was set up by you in the first place?
Ok, so as per vogelbirds warning, this cache (https://coord.info/GC893YT) has been disable by GC HQ

Is there any way i can get the script re-written to conform to the following please and keep it within the Challenge Cache guideline? ....

1. The finder must find 60 of the oldest active caches in Western Australia
2. The qualifying cache must be ACTIVE at the time of logging said cache
3. If a cache is ARCHIVED at the time of logging said cache, it DOES NOT count as a qualifying cache
4. If a finders qualifying cache is archived AFTER logging said cache online, then this does NOT remove the cache from the finders list of qualifying caches (as per GC guidelines)

Kind regards,
Jason & Janine
November 17, 2019 10:19PM
Checker adjusted.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login