Advanced

Re: Updated checker for GC83HTN

[Resolved] Updated checker for GC83HTN
July 12, 2019 09:44PM
The current checker requires 1 cache in states neighboring Tennessee (TN, KY, MO, AR, MS, AL, GA, NC, and VA).
Additionally, the cache for each state must be a different type (traditional, unknown, virtual, multi, event, letterbox, earthcache, wherigo, and CITO).

So, 9 cache types in 9 states...no repeating types.

I would like this changed.

The new requirement would still be the same 9 cache types, and the same 9 states....EXCEPT repeating types would be allowed.

I hope that wasn't confusing. Let me know if I need to clarify.

If possible, I would love if the checker would have a grid to check for qualifications.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2019 10:44PM by Super_Nate. (view changes)
July 12, 2019 10:51PM
So it's basically find 9 types in 9 states, doesn't matter if 9 types is found in 1 state and 1 other type is repeated 8 times for the other states? If so, try this:

https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC83HTN/43835
July 12, 2019 11:03PM
YES! I knew there was an easier way to explain it. My mind just wasn't going there today.

Last request....is it possible to get the results from this checker into grid format like checker #40577?
July 12, 2019 11:05PM
Grid format will require a new script, at a guess. So don't hold your breath. And yes, I know the bottom half needs to show the region. I've already requested the script maintainer to add that.
July 12, 2019 11:09PM
Alrighty. Will it be a tough process to do a new script for a grid? If so, don't worry about it. I'll be happy with this. My ultimate preference is a grid.
July 16, 2019 01:24PM
Any luck getting the bottom half to show the region? And will it be difficult to write a script for a grid?
July 18, 2019 07:11PM
Just curious if you have a status update on this?
July 20, 2019 05:28AM
In my opinion, I don't think the grid is going to happen. The regions part might happen, but could take a while. So, I would suggest that you go ahead and submit the challenge with the current checker.
July 20, 2019 08:17PM
I’m okay with that. Don’t want to create more work then necessary.
If the regions can be added, then I’ll consider it good.
July 23, 2019 01:05AM
Here you go:

https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC83HTN/43996

I just split the conditions in pieterix's tag off from the multiple test checker. Please let us know if that looks ok. If so, then the tags by pieterix and vogelbird should probably be removed to avoid any confusion. Also, since the cache appears to have already published, I assume you are planning to update the description?
July 24, 2019 05:23AM
That is excellent! Thank you!!!!

And yes, the description and checker link will be updated prior to enabling.
July 24, 2019 07:08AM
I've removed my checker and disabled vogelbird's checker.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login