Advanced

Re: Checker for "Double Trouble Challenge (Antiagonias 3.0)"

[Resolved] Checker for "Double Trouble Challenge (Antiagonias 3.0)"
August 05, 2019 04:35PM
Hi all,

I am thinking on a new challenge for the "Antiagonias Challenge" series. Those challenge requiere to go finding big adventures. This time, the criteria is going to be this (in red, the criteria that is different from the 2.0 version):

> Perform pairs between geocaches that have the stars inverted. That is, if you log one 1/5 cache, you have to attach also 5/1 cache to that pair. In the case of caches with same D/T (for example, 4/4), you should attach two caches with the same D/T. This gives a total of 45 pairs.

> All pairs must be done. That is, if a pair is 4/2 and 2/4, you can not attach any other cache with these D / T. Therefore, must be 45 different pairs.

> Same pair, same type. Every pair must be of the same type of caches. So if you choose a 4/2 traditional cache, the 2/4 cache por doing the pair must be a traditional. Any other type would anulate the pair. There are no container restrictions for the pairs, so one can be a micro and the other a large.

> At least 8 cache types. Pairs must be of the same cache type, but all of them may not be the same type. You can do other schemes with traditionals, multicaches, mistery... In order to accomplish the challenge, you must have at least 8 different pair types.

I link to you the Antiagonias 2.0, because I think the script would be similar with some minor modifications.
https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC4C4WE/37236

Thank you! :D
August 05, 2019 04:44PM
I believe it's 25 pairs in total and not 45. Do you qualify for this? I did a quick checker with 8 types and it seems you only have 5 so far? If you qualify already I'll have to dive into my code and try to refresh my memory how it all works. :D
August 06, 2019 07:30AM
In this version of the challenge, all pairs have to be done, not only those with D+T > 6. It's a little bit larger than the previous version.

Right now I have 9 types. I miss some pairs, but they are going to be solved within few days.
August 06, 2019 08:59AM
Here's a sample checker (without GC code):

https://project-gc.com/Challenges//44244

It shows you only have 7 types. Which types have you found and which DT's are they? So I can dive into the code to see why it doesn't pick it up?
August 06, 2019 03:55PM
For 1.5/1.5 I have CITO event
For 1/1 I have event cache, megaevent and webcam

And there should be more mistakes... I used this checker (https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC7Q9TJ/40287) to draw a cache type matrix, and found that I only miss 4 combinations (1/4.5 , 5/2.5 , 5/3.5 , 5/4). Don't know if it reads only up to 23 pairs or if there is something else...

BTW... the GC code is GC8BQQ5

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2019 04:00PM by Chaman Calle. (view changes)
August 06, 2019 07:22PM
Okay, will have to fiddle with the code to make it more aggressive to get the required number of types rather than just filling the pairs.

PS: The three 1/1 will only count for one pair though, right?
August 07, 2019 12:56AM
Right, code modified to be more aggressive in finding the required number of types:

https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC8BQQ5/44244

Yes, it won't show all the pairs you have already since it'll stop running as soon as it has found 8 pairs and 8 types. As an example see your profile:

OK: found 14 pairs (needed: 8) with 8 types (needed: 8) and (d+t)>=2 and matching types

During further testing I got this for your profile:

Fail: found 40 pairs (needed: 45) with 10 types (needed: 10) and (d+t)>=2 and matching types
You can still find pairs with these combinations: 1.0/4.5, 2.5/5.0, 3.5/5.0, 4.0/5.0, 4.5/4.5
August 07, 2019 07:28AM
Ok, tested and right now doesn't show me any pair with D1 or T1.

OK: found 14 pairs (needed: 8) with 8 types (needed: 8) and (d+t)>=2 and matching types

Looks like the same iteration that was executed before that "final test" you did, wich looked fine...
August 07, 2019 09:28AM
Yes, I did mention that in my last message:

Yes, it won't show all the pairs you have already since it'll stop running as soon as it has found 8 pairs and 8 types.

Remember that a checker is primarily there to verify that you qualify, not to give the highest possible score. Having found the 8 types and 8 pairs, there's no need for the checker to continue running.
August 07, 2019 12:40PM
pieterix Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Remember that a checker is primarily there to
> verify that you qualify, not to give the highest
> possible score. Having found the 8 types and 8
> pairs, there's no need for the checker to continue
> running.

No, has to run till it finds 45 different pairs, and those have to be of at least 8 different types
August 07, 2019 12:45PM
Ahh, so your challenge is not 8 types over 8 pairs (as I understood it during this thread), but 8 types over 45 pairs? If so, I've adjusted the checker to do that now.
August 07, 2019 01:33PM
Now it is working fine with me. Will report if any bug is found.

Thanks a lot!!!
August 07, 2019 01:36PM
Fun challenge. I'm on 44 with 9.
August 07, 2019 02:30PM
I originally thought on attaching, among those 45 pairs, this extra criteria:

1 pair of type A
2 pairs of type B
3 pairs of type C..............
And so on till 8 pairs of type H

It's tought to add this lines to the source? It's just an "extra" for this challenge cause right now it is very similar to the 2.0, cause the little D/T's are easy to accomplish, and those 3 extra types are easy to attatch (cito webcam and virtual are easily achiable).
August 13, 2019 04:53PM
Not sure if this is possible with the current code. The current code uses what I can best describe as "guided guessing" to collect the required number of types. Having a fixed distribution between the number of types might require full recursion to find a solution and during my last tests recursion used more than the allowed running time. Will have to ponder whether there is an elegant solution and whether this extension is possible or not.
August 14, 2019 10:31AM
pieterix Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Not sure if this is possible with the current
> code. The current code uses what I can best
> describe as "guided guessing" to collect the
> required number of types. Having a fixed
> distribution between the number of types might
> require full recursion to find a solution and
> during my last tests recursion used more than the
> allowed running time. Will have to ponder whether
> there is an elegant solution and whether this
> extension is possible or not.

Ok no worries, will stay as it was planned. Thanks for your work! Good job!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login