Advanced

Re: The 9x9 Challenge (GC7Q9TJ)

[Resolved] The 9x9 Challenge (GC7Q9TJ)
September 06, 2019 05:12AM
This is a re-post as previous version it seems is too difficult.

Hi,

I have the below checker for my 9x9 challenge. But changes are needed or a different checker....

So, what I would like to do is make a change as follows:

cacher will still need 9x Trad, Multi, Mystery, Virtual, Wherigo, Letterbox, Earthcache & cache with 100 Favourites.

For the final 9, instead of event, make 9 Large Size Caches

The checker I have is here:

https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC7Q9TJ/40287

Thank you
September 06, 2019 06:01AM
Here is a checker for you to test:

https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC7Q9TJ/44878

Please reply if you have any feedback/suggestions. Also, if that works for you, then perhaps a moderator could disable the other two checkers?
September 06, 2019 06:22AM
Thanks, that works well.

Is there an easy way to get an easy to read output showing someone that does not qualify what they are missing?(A suggestion from the Reviewer)

"The out put from the Checker for a 'fail to qualify' does not readily indicate what still needs to be achieved to qualify. Whereas the 'Qualified' result shows a completed D/T grid with the mix that was used. I'm just wondering if it would be possible for the Checker show the D/T grid with the mix as so far completed for a 'Fail', so as to indicate the D/T combinations that have been filled and those that are still needed."

:)-D
September 06, 2019 03:04PM
If you don't qualify for the challenge, you can refer to the "Original output (by sloth96)" section. You'll see a list of entries in this format:

Virtual Cache Earthcache Letterbox Hybrid set needs to have 27 unique D/T squares and does not.

In other words, if I add up the unique D/T combinations I have found among virtuals, letterboxes, and EarthCaches, that should be at least 27. If you glance over your list, you should be able to get an idea of where you are lacking. It's not perfect, but I believe that it's the best that can be done. A partial D/T grid like what your reviewer is suggesting wouldn't really be helpful, since there are so many different ways you can put together a final grid.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login