Advanced

Re: Need Checker - GC8GT9N - 9 Icon Countdown

[Resolved] Need Checker - GC8GT9N - 9 Icon Countdown
December 09, 2019 03:47AM
Need a checker similar to GC875P5/42478 but applicable to US & Canadian regions at a minimum. I'd really like to have it constrained similar to the GC8C2M7/44450 tag but recognize that uses a different script. "SameX": "us_ca_au_region_or_country"
December 09, 2019 07:40AM
Here is the link to the checker https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC8GT9N/47168

I made it for the US and Canada

Please test and reply
December 09, 2019 04:38PM
Neither of these (this one or the 10 icon countdown) worked the way I expected. While I pass when it's constrained to US, I fail with this checker. I was expecting to allow all applicable regions (Canada does have at least one region without any counties) from US and Canada in the test, but it seems that it's requiring success with a set of US regions AND a set of Canadian regions in order to pass the test. The failure message is inadequate for me to understand why it failed.
December 09, 2019 05:20PM
I did not have a look at this script this morning but looking at it now I see that it can only handle one country
December 09, 2019 05:29PM
Does this mean there's no option to include Canadian provinces in the challenge?
December 09, 2019 05:25PM
@vogelbird: pietrix' checker does not allow for an array of countries, only a single country.

@JustFindingOurWay: I have an alternative checker for you: https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC8GT9N/47194

This one states the requirements a bit differently, but checks for the same thing.

In the checker regions are allowed to be used multiple times, which is for example why one requirement is "Find 8 different cache types in 2 states or provinces". You can reuse the one state/province in which you found the 9 cache types and then have to add another one in which you have found at least 8 types.

If you're fine with this format we can do the same checker for 10 regions. If you want the output to be as you phrased the challenge I'm afraid that'd require a new script. It'd probably not be that hard to create, but might take some time.

Also, as you mentioned "applicable to US & Canadian regions at a minimum" - it is no problem to extend this to any regions worldwide, if you want.
December 09, 2019 05:27PM
PattuX , I was just looking up my old tag but I see you found it already
December 09, 2019 05:40PM
I really don't like challenges that are constrained to one country, so I like the ability to include worldwide regions. That said, this doesn't seem to actually confirm passing the challenge. For example, if a person has 11 icons in one region, but the next most varied region only had 7 icons, if I'm following the logic, the tag would allow passage.
December 09, 2019 05:43PM
My mistake. The PattuX script does work for me.
December 09, 2019 07:36PM
Thanks, folks, for the teamwork. This one works.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login