Advanced

Re: Checker Edit Request

[Resolved] Checker Edit Request
December 24, 2019 09:14PM
Hi -

I've got a challenge awaiting publication which requires finding the oldest active cache in at least 10 US States. I cloned an existing checker and linked it to my GC Code, and after some investigation and testing it looks like the checker I'm using returns qualifying hits on both (1) the oldest active cache in each state, and (2) any cache that is older than the currently active oldest cache in that State. I have structured my challenge so that a find on a now-archived cache that is older than the currently oldest cache WILL count as a qualifying find, regardless of whether that cache was the oldest in the state at the time the user found it, so I believe this checker will still work.

However, if somebody runs the checker and does not qualify, the checker puts out the following script:

"The checkers can only check the current toplist.
If you were fulfilled it when you logged it in the past you might get a does not today.
Your log may have been correct but it cant be checked by this checker
On some challenges you when you accept it make a list and compare to that list. If you have done it you might fulfill the logging requirements right now but the checker canĀ“t know that.
It is like if you make a new list right now. That is accepted on most challenges.
Please check the cache listing for the rules."

Since the checker does in fact check for finds that are older than the currently oldest active cache, and since it is not necessary for the find to have been the oldest at the time it was first logged, the quoted script is misleading and my Reviewer has said that the cache can be published, but that this script must be removed from the checker. So I am requesting that the checker be edited to remove this script and to change it to a generic "Does not qualify" type message.

Note that I believe there is also a bug on this checker where it has the potential to count multiple finds from the same State if they are all as old as, or older than, the currently oldest active cache. If possible I'd also prefer to have this bug corrected, but I don't think that's critical and I could live without that fix if it is too difficult.

Existing Checker: https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC8FY4H/46384
Prior Discussion on this particular Checker: https://project-gc.com/forum/read?9,34912

Thanks
December 25, 2019 12:36PM
Email sent to the scriptwriter to attend to this request
December 26, 2019 03:21AM
Hiwdy.

Can you provide a test case of the result you dont like and what the correct result would be?

Thanks
December 26, 2019 02:10PM
Text is changed to be more inline with reviewer request.

Also grammar and spelling is now better.

Archived caches older than the current oldest are included as reviewers have insisted on this under the "past finds count" rule.
December 26, 2019 04:09PM
THANK YOU! This looks great.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login