Advanced

Re: checker update for GC8M3H7

[Resolved] checker update for GC8M3H7
March 04, 2020 12:02AM
Howdy,

After a long back and forth with my local reviewer, he encouraged me to take a different approach to my challenge cache. Actually, he wasn't going to publish it because of rule number 11 on challenge caches. "11. Specific Lists: A challenge based on elements under the cache owner’s primary control is not acceptable: examples, my favorites, my caches, bookmark lists, caches by this owner, or this group."

Turns out you can't have a specific list of caches and require 100% completion. But you can have a specific list of caches and require like 70% completion and get around rule number 11 to get it posted.

So, the new checker needs to check for the following caches in the following states

Ohio: GC31A or GC2DBE
West Virginia: GC3F0 or GCAD6
Pennsylvania: GC184 or GC159
Kentucky: GC39E or GC3EE
Indiana: GCC6 or GC93
Michigan: GC36 or GC35

Basically, you need to have found 1 out of 2 oldest caches in these 6 states. Which means, it would be 6/12 or 50% completion. I think that's a fair compromise to the issue and I'll be able to get my cache published once I get the new checker.
March 04, 2020 12:44PM
The old checker is removed but the script can not handle your new request in fact there is no script yet as far as I know.

That's why I will mark this topic as "New script required"
March 04, 2020 02:12PM
Thanks so much. I look forward to your new script checker.

Triple_P

PS: I love waking up to good news!
March 05, 2020 01:05PM
Here you go:

https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC8M3H7/49519

Let us know if it's suitable.
March 05, 2020 06:25PM
This checker looks good. It checks all the required caches. Fingers crossed, the reviewer published it with this new requirement.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login