Advanced

Re: checker update for GC8M3H7

[Resolved] checker update for GC8M3H7
March 07, 2020 02:12AM
I didn't pay super close attention to the small details on this one, so I take full responsibility.

The current checker for GC8M3H7, only checks for 5 regions instead of 6. Since the checker has already been created, I simply need it to look for these GC codes in these 6 states. If we can make sure it checks for all six states that would be perfect. They needed to find one or the other but not both.

Just to clarify, it works great, just need to add one extra region. Instead of 5 states, it needs to check all 6.

Ohio (GC2DBE) or (GC31A)
West Virginia (GC3F0) or (GCAD6)
Pennsylvania (GC184)or GC159
Michigan (GC35) or GC36
Indiana (GC93)or GCC6
Kentucky (GC39E) or GC3EE

Triple_P
March 07, 2020 03:45AM
Counting is hard :s

Fixed.
March 07, 2020 08:16AM
So I'm running into a problem that I should have thought more clearly through. Do to the issue of doubling up in each state, it's possible to qualify for this challenge by finding only three states out of 6 to meet the requirement of 6 out of 12 finds. For example, I have 6/12 because I have doubled up in Ohio, Indiana, and Michigan. In this example I only have 3 states out of the 6 needed, how can this be fixed?

So I'm trying to work out is if the checker can count 1 or the other but not both, even if someone does have both. This will ensure that the 6 states get hit while also eliminating the double of issue to where you only need 2 finds in 3 different states to qualify per the current checker.

Also, can you send me the link to the checker again, so I can see the new update.

Triple_P
March 07, 2020 12:17PM
This doesn't need to be fixed bacuse it's working like this :)
In the current checker you need to find at least one of the two oldest caches in each state. Finding both won't get you any further towards completing the challenge. Try user TriggerMN for example - they found the oldest cache in all states except West Virginia. They also found the 2nd oldest cache in Michigan, making it 6/12 caches, however they do not qualify as they only have 5/6 states.
March 07, 2020 08:32AM
March 07, 2020 12:22PM
Thanks so much. I greatly appreciate what you do and how quickly you do it.

The issue seems to have been fixed.

Triple_P
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login