Advanced

[Resolved] 20 Caches in 20 States Challenge

[Resolved] 20 Caches in 20 States Challenge
March 23, 2020 04:18PM
MaltaBella and I are considering a challenge requiring 20 finds in 20 States. I browsed the available checkers and didn't see one - apologies if I'd missed it.

I believe there is a checker for 1 cache in 20 States. I'm unsure if that could be modified by me, if it would require greater knowledge than I have, or it would have to be a new development effort.

The challenge would not be time-limited. Old listings that a cacher has found but are now archived still count. No "Date Placed" limit; all finds must have been made prior or after to a certain date, for example. DC should be allowed as a State.

Is that enough to go on? Hope so - thanks! jwood200.
Re: 20 Caches in 20 States Challenge
March 23, 2020 04:49PM
No problem to make a checker but please tell us what the GCcode is to attach to the checker
March 23, 2020 05:10PM
Thanks for this quick response! I will check with MaltaBella and see if she's got the cache page set up yet and get back to you. jw.
April 05, 2020 02:33PM
MaltaBella / Kim has created the page and the code is:

GC8NTA2
2020 Challenge

Thanks for helping us with this - greatly appreciated!

jwood200 / Jeff.
April 05, 2020 02:40PM
Here is the link to the checker https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC8NTA2/50246

Please test and reply
May 01, 2020 12:59PM
What is the situation on this request? Can this be moved to ARCHIVED Checkers
May 01, 2020 01:22PM
Sorry for my delay in getting back to you! No new caches are being published in Maine right now due to COVID-19. This simply slipped my mind. Ah, getting old has it's challenges.

I just ran the checker for myself and MaltaBella. It appears to work perfectly, as I do not qualify and MB does. Very cool!

Thanks very much for setting this up. MB and I hope to be seeing this checker used in the very near future. Stay safe, be well... Jeff/ jwood200.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login