Advanced

Re: GC8PDRN should not be disabled

[Resolved] GC8PDRN should not be disabled
April 20, 2020 09:08PM
It is unclear to me why the checker for GC8PDRN was disabled. It is a puzzle cache with the word challenge in the title. Those are the reasons given for disabling, although those reasons are wrong. Can someone help with a working checker for that cache?

Thanks.
April 20, 2020 09:12PM
Challege != Challenge

You might be able to find the checker on THIS PAGE and enable it there. If this fails, I'll provide you with a new checker.
April 20, 2020 09:20PM
The page you sent me to scares me. I've never seen it before and have no idea what to do on it. Can you give me more basic help? Thanks.
April 20, 2020 09:30PM
Alternatively you can visit THIS PAGE and search for your GC code there (change the country drop down to empty value right at top of the list). It should show your disabled checker and mine. Both should contain a "Script name" field. Search for that script name in the first page I provided. Click on the triangle on the left to open the list. Find your GC code in the list and click on the Edit button on the right. Once again scroll down and find your GC code. Click on the Edit button on the right and tick the enable checkbox. Click Save and it should be active again. This is all assuming you have rights to do all these...
April 20, 2020 09:22PM
Plan B, a new checker then:

https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC8PDRN/50609

Please test and let us know if it's suitable.
April 20, 2020 09:27PM
Thank you. Perhaps someone should have told me that challenge was spelled wrong in the beginning. That checker seems to work fine.
April 20, 2020 09:32PM
Unfortunately neither Project-GC nor us have rights to see unpublished caches so we can't tell how a cache name is spelt prior to publication. We're only notified after a challenge is published that a checker is disabled due to that, but I suspect you cloned that one yourself, in which case none of the usual volunteers would be able to assist to enable it again.
April 20, 2020 09:45PM
I've fixed the cache name. What else do I need to do?
April 20, 2020 09:49PM
Cache name corrected and new checker added, so it appears to be all good to me.
April 20, 2020 09:24PM
And you still need to fix your cache name and add an N before G.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login