Advanced

Re: Improving checker for GC8KGP2?

[Resolved] Improving checker for GC8KGP2?
June 17, 2020 10:32AM
Hello!

After break of Covid-19 challenge GC8KGP2 is almost ready for publishing. Before publishing I only needed 10 user who had fullfilled this challenge. So there were quite many users who tested checker. Two users started to wonder if checker is working right or is there some bug.

It's seems that for example user 'Vestaali' fullfills the challenge although checker says 'NO'.

Why does it give different kind of listing if you don't fullfill challenge? Is there any way to improve checker so, thet it'll tell you what you are missing if you don't fullfill challenge yet?

romdes -- alias Katja
June 17, 2020 11:04AM
I send a request to jpavlik to attend to this query
June 17, 2020 11:51AM
I'll fix it later

(note for me - link to the script is https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC8KGP2/49039?edit&scriptId=5536 )

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/17/2020 11:57AM by jpavlik. (view changes)
November 12, 2020 03:55PM
Has this been fixed ??
November 12, 2020 04:26PM
sorry, not yet. Sorry i've forgot to do it. I'll see it later.
January 02, 2021 12:52PM
Has this been fixed ??
January 03, 2021 06:05PM
Yes, NOW it's fixed
This checker was a kind of nightmare for me. There is a complex function tor simplify the space of combinations to allow the search to finish in couple of seconds instead of several hours, And there was a problem. In the case in which the cacher has too many founds and this preliminary function has found the solution itself, the program returns false instead of the solution because the main function has nothing to search.

So, now the checker is working. Sorry for the very long time to fix the problem.

best regards and happy new year
ciao
Jet
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login