Advanced

[Resolved] GC8VRRQ - 2 Loops of 6 BadgeGen Badges

[Resolved] GC8VRRQ - 2 Loops of 6 BadgeGen Badges
June 28, 2020 08:23PM
"Loop" Six of 28 possible Project-GC Badge Levels. By Loop we mean BadgeGen diamond level x 2. Only badges which meet guidelines for Challenge caches are included. Required levels are listed in the cache description.

Following are the 28 badges that can be used to qualify for this challege. Indicated are the values required to achieve Diamond level as well as the second loop. The number for the second loop is what you need.

1. The Adventurous Cacher - Awarded for finding caches with a 5/5 Difficulty/Terrain rating.
Diamond Level [30], Second Loop [60]

2. The Attribute Cacher - Awarded for logging various attributes.
Diamond Level [103], Second Loop [206]

3. The Brainiac - Awarded for finding Difficulty 5 caches.
Diamond Level [100], Second Loop [200]

4. The Calendar Cacher - Awarded for finding caches on different calendar days. (366 possible)
Diamond Level [366], Second Loop [732]

5. The Daily Cacher - Awarded based on the maximum number of consecutive days with a find.
Diamond Level [365], Second Loop [730]

6. The Earth Cacher - Awarded for finding Earthcaches.
Diamond Level [180], Second Loop [360]

7. The Environmental Cacher - Awarded for attending CITO Event caches.
Diamond Level [12], Second Loop [24]

8. The Favorite Cacher - Awarded for finding caches with favorite points.
Diamond Level [500,000], Second Loop [1,000,000]

9. The Geocacher - Awarded based on total find count.
Diamond Level [18,000], Second Loop [36,000]

10. The Giga Social Cacher - Awarded for attending Giga Event caches.
Diamond Level [6], Second Loop [12]

11. The Jasmer Cacher - Awarded for logging caches hidden different months.
Diamond Level [All hidden months (except the current month)],
Second Loop [All hidden months TWICE (except the current month)]

12. The Large Cacher - Awarded for finding large size caches.

13. The Letterboxer - Awarded for finding Letterbox caches.
Diamond Level [50], Second Loop [100]

14. The Matrix Cacher - Awarded based on completion of the 81 D/T rating combination matrix.
Diamond Level [81], Second Loop [162]

15. The Mega Social Cacher - Awarded for attending Mega Event caches.
Diamond Level [10], Second Loop [20]

16. The Micro Cacher - Awarded for finding micro size caches.
Diamond Level [4,500], Second Loop [9,000]

17. The Multi Cacher - Awarded for finding Multi caches.
Diamond Level [1,200], Second Loop [2,400]

18. The Mysterious Cacher - Awarded for finding Mystery/Unknown caches.
Diamond Level [1,800], Second Loop [3,600]

19. The Odd-Sized Cacher - Awarded for finding Other/Unknown size caches.
Diamond Level [1,100], Second Loop [2,200]

20. The Photogenic Cacher - Awarded for finding Webcam caches.
Diamond Level [40], Second Loop [80]

21. The Regular Cacher - Awarded for finding regular size caches.
Diamond Level [1,600], Second Loop [3,200]

22. The Rugged Cacher - Awarded for finding Terrain 5 caches.
Diamond Level [150], Second Loop [300]

23. The Small Cacher - Awarded for finding small size caches.
Diamond Level [3,000], Second Loop [6,000]

24. The Social Cacher - Awarded for attending Event caches.

25. The Traditional Cacher - Awarded for finding Traditional caches.
Diamond Level [14,000, Second Loop [28,000]

26. The Travelling Cacher - Awarded for finding caches in different countries.
Diamond Level [35], Second Loop [70]

27. The Virtual Cacher - Awarded for finding Virtual caches. 50

28. The Wherigo Cacher - Awarded for finding Wherigo caches. 15
Diamond Level [60], Second Loop [120]
Re: GC8VRRQ - 2 Loops of 6 BadgeGen Badges
June 28, 2020 08:31PM
Adjusting my badgegen script to allow for loops.
June 28, 2020 09:53PM
I just noticed that some double loops are not allowed
4. The Calendar Cacher
5. The Daily Cacher
11. The Jasmer Cacher

Are not allowed according to rule 9
June 28, 2020 10:06PM
ok, please adjust by removing those three "badges" reduce the list to 25 items to check. I will adjust my description accordingly. Thanks.
June 28, 2020 10:12PM
Here's my first stab at a checker:

https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC8VRRQ/52487

Please test and let us know if it's suitable.

PS: I've also excluded the Giga one, which I believe is not accepted by reviewers?

PPS: Whilst I understand that some loops may not be repeated in traditional challenge caches, I still believe that since all the listed badges are optional, surely people can still qualify by making use of additional loops. However, I've limited the ones highlighted by vogelbird to be single loop only until we get more clarity.
June 28, 2020 10:35PM
1. I ran it for me, and it gave me 3 points instead of 5. I have looped the Matrix badge and the Attribute badge which for some reason the checker missed. ?????

2. Can you re-include the GiGa Event badge.? It was allowed in my other two Badge related challlenges so why not here? 12 is a lot of Giga's but who knows, maybe some crazy European would have looped it.

3. If the Calendar cacher badge can't be counted because of rule 9, I will have to lower my qualifying threshold to 5 points. That was one of my 6 !! LOL
June 28, 2020 11:18PM
1. Had to add some code to make a few of the badges loop aware, including those mentioned.

2. Added, but unsure whether this is allowed or not.

3. Adjusted from 6 to 5.
June 28, 2020 11:46PM
1. Exclude #4, the Caching Veteran, It is Not Allowed.

2. Can the Loop Number be put in a separate column. (Yeah, just cosmetic).

3. Can the "average" number calculated under the "total" be removed. It does not apply to this challenge.

And... am I now just waiting on a ruling on whether loops of the Daily Cacher, the Calendar Cacher, and the Jasmer Cacher can be included???? My opinion is they should be because you can still qualify with 5 badges not counting any of these three. They are just an option and not an absolute requirement.

Thanks for the quick work on this one.
June 29, 2020 12:12AM
1. Removed entirely.

2. Done.

3. Removed the average display by default. On which challenges do you WANT this to display?
June 29, 2020 02:48AM
3. The average can be displayed on https://coord.info/GC8QARV and https://coord.info/GC8QARK. NOTE: The Caching Veteran should be deleted on these two Checkers as well.
June 29, 2020 09:37AM
Done.
June 29, 2020 12:55PM
Well, the Caching Verteran must have been included on the checker from the beginning and I didn't notice it. removing the Caching Veteran from the point count on GC8QARV had a negative impact. Can you lower the qualifying threshold on that one from 90 to 86 points. Otherwise a lot of people who did qualify will not now. I will adjust the cache description.

On this challenge counting the Loops, is there a chance that Loops on the Calendar Cacher, the Daily Cacher and the Jasmer Cacher will be allowed? If yes, I will wait on possible changes to the Checker before submitting this challenge for review.
June 29, 2020 01:15PM
GC8QARV has 30 tests available, so 90 would have been the correct score based on the 60 for GC8QARK, but I've adjusted it to 86 as requested.

Changing the checker is quick and easy. Whether the loops would be allowed might be the hard part. Did you contact your reviewer about this?
June 29, 2020 01:35PM
thanks. I just submitted the cache for review by the reviewer with this message:
Not ready for publication yet. Need your feedback first. Run the checker and you'll see now that the checker is not counting a second loop for 1) the calendar cacher, 2) the Daily Cacher (streak) and 3) the Jasmer Cacher. Those three criteria would not allow for an invidual challenge on requiring a second loop per rule 9 of the guidelines. But could they be included as part of this larger challenge? You could still qualify for this new challenge without looping any of these three items. But I think it'd be nice to allow them to count towards this challenge if someone has looped one or more of the three. Let me know so the checker can be finalized.
July 01, 2020 01:54PM
Reviewer asked me for clarification so I am still waiting on his ruling. In the meantime, I ran the checker on user "Clubmud!" and the checker says he has 84 loops of the Matrix badge, when in fact BadgeGen shows he has "only" 78 (LOL!) I figured the checker was wrong, but in fact, it is right. His D/T matrix chart shows 84 as the minimum number. Should I report that as a problem to project-gc or can you look into it ?
July 01, 2020 02:59PM
We are not involved in the website or the badge generator so please report this direct to PGC by pressing the yellow button in the top right hand corner on any of the regular webpages

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2020 03:41PM by vogelbird. (view changes)
July 01, 2020 07:46PM
Maybe their stats simply haven't updated in a while?
July 01, 2020 08:18PM
I checked his stats which are up to date
July 01, 2020 09:04PM
I now checked their stats and yes, 84 loops on the main stats page, so BadgeGen probably needs to be kicked for them.
July 01, 2020 09:09PM
Clubmud! has been sitting on 84 loops for a loooong time now. Many many months. I did send a request to PGC support for them to look into it. Something odd here, which means it might be happening to other folks too.
July 05, 2020 07:34PM
Reviewer said he'd publish with the requirement to obtain Six different Loops (of two or more loops) on the 28 badges. So that includes the Calender Cacher, Daily Cacher and Jasmer cacher. Can you modifly the checker to check on the twenty eight listed including those 3. Let me know when ready and I will test.
July 05, 2020 09:39PM
Changed to 6 required after enabling those 3 checks.
July 05, 2020 09:57PM
Checker looks good. Thanks.
July 14, 2020 12:53AM
Pieterix,
well HQ archived my challenge. see below. I don't agree with point 1, but I can understand the interpretation. Those three loops were not required but helpful. Can you fix that my removing the reference to badges The Daily cacher, the Calendar Cacher, and the Jasmer Cacher. and then lowering the threshold for qualifying to 5 (of the 25 remaining badges).
Point 2, I have no idea what they are referring to. Can you comment? I believe you are getting the info from geocaching.com and the checker is not pulling any data or referencing anything in project-gc after that right? I think what I see in the checker code is just a variable named "badges". Perhaps if you use a different variable name like "b" they won't be confused?

If you can re-do the checker, I will create a new challenge shortly.

----------------------------------------------

Thanks for contacting Geocaching HQ.

Ultimately, the discussion about your checker is between you and the checker writer. We're not going to be contacting that person.

Your challenge was archived for several reasons, with the checker being lesser amongst them. The chief reason was that every component of a challenge must comply with the challenge cache guidelines. Yours did not, as the #4, #5 and #11 criteria are not permitted to be "doubled" as in the challenge.

As for the checker, it does pull the overall data, like find counts, from geocaching.com, see this as an example:

function b_number(filter,labcaches)
local finds = GetFinds(profileId,{fields={},filter=filter,includeLabCaches=labcaches})
return #finds
end

But the checker then translates that data into a Badgen format again, see this as an example:

badges["The Earth Cacher"] = {
["func"] = "number",
["filter"] = {
["types"] = {"Earthcache"}
},
["level"] = {5,10,20,30,50,80,120,180}
}

So what it appears to be doing it taking data from geocaching.com, filters it, and then turns it into Badgen badges.

If you choose to submit a new challenge, all of the criteria must comply with the guidelines, and no connection to BadgeGen should be necessary in the checker or on the cache page.

Best regards,

Chris
Geocaching HQ
July 14, 2020 01:00PM
Here is the new GC code to which to associate this modified checker. https://coord.info/GC8WK41
July 18, 2020 01:10PM
Any update on my request? Has Geocaching HQ provided any clarification on what they are talking about?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login