Advanced

Re: Request Update to Checker for GC8T37K

[Resolved] Request Update to Checker for GC8T37K
July 17, 2020 11:43PM
Hello,
After receiving feedback from the local reviewer, I am asking if changes could be made to the challenge checker for my unpublished cache, GC8T37K. If needed, the checker is: https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC8T37K/52355

The changes I need are:
1. Reduce the needed dates with a mega event attended from 3 to 1.
2. Reduce the needed dates with a webcam cache logged from 5 to 1.
3. Remove the exclusion of owned caches and events.
4. Can a 365 day calendar be used, not showing any results for February 29th? The current checker does not count finds for February 29th towards the challenge, but it still shows if the date has been filled.

In my original checker request I wrote the foloowing:
""The qualifications are that you find one of these listed ten cache types on each of the 365 days of the calendar. February 29th is excluded from this challenge. Dates can be from any year and do not have to be all in the same year. In addition, you must fill a minimum number of calendar dates with each cache type:

Multi-cache on 30 or more calendar dates

Virtual Cache on 30 or more calendar dates

Letterbox Hybrid on 20 or more calendar dates

Mega-Event Cache on 3 or more calendar dates

CITO Event on 5 or more calendar dates

Event Cache (other than Mega Event or CITO) on 30 or more calendar dates

Mystery Cache on 40 or more calendar dates

Webcam Cache on 5 or more calendar dates

EarthCache on 25 or more calendar dates

Wherigo Cache on 5 or more calendar dates

Caches and events that you own cannot count as finds for this challenge.

Only one cache per calendar date can be counted.

Cache types not listed in the requirements cannot count as finds for this challenge."

Thank you in advance,
July 19, 2020 12:04PM
I have sent a message to GreyHams so he can attent to the changes
July 23, 2020 05:07AM
Sorry for the delay.

I have cloned the script and modified it to do everything you wanted. Here is a link to the new checker:

https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC8T37K/53142

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/2020 05:09AM by GreyHams. (view changes)
July 24, 2020 01:29PM
Thank you for the updated checker and the work put into it. I appreciate that this is not a simple checker to create.
There is still one thing that the reviewer had an issue with. While the calendar does not show February 29th, it still appears to add to the total days and in the list of caches.
The reviewer note was:
"I am concerned about the functionality of the challenge checker. The challenge is for 365 days excluding leap day, but leap day shows in the challenge checker. My player account does not qualify with two calendar days missing, yet the challenger checker appears to include leap day in the summary which states the player account has 364 days completed. It seems to indicate the checker may not be functioning properly."
Is it possible to change this?
Thank you again,
July 24, 2020 03:33PM
HI, the script was written to effectively ignore 'leap-day', but not suppress it in the results

If a cacher found 365 days (with or without 29 Feb) then the script would say 'complete'.

I have now suppressed the output for all finds on 29 Feb.... they don't affect the checker at all, but at least the output will no longer mention 29 Feb (at least in the calendar images or the date lines below).
July 24, 2020 04:12PM
Thank you. I tried it out and it looks good. Now to see if the reviewer has any further concerns.
Appreciate the work,
Pete
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login