Advanced

Re: Problem with the checker for GC38GBN

[Resolved] Problem with the checker for GC38GBN
August 02, 2020 04:15PM
This is a grandfathered challenge for which a checker exists. When I run it, the checker tells me that I am missing a cache whose title begins with the number 6. I have at least one such cache in my found list, which I found in order to be able to claim the find for this challenge.

The checker also failed to recognize that I have an earlier find on a cache whose CO’s name begins with the number 0. It is instead recognizing another cache that I found much later and days after I had claimed the find on the challenge (I had to submit a list of finds in order to claim it instead.

Can anything be done to fix this checker? I wonder how many people have been told incorrectly that they don’t meet the challenge’s qualifications when they might have already qualified.
August 02, 2020 04:57PM
Reading the code for the script and the configuration for the checker reveals that the cache must be placed before 2012-01-15 and the cache owner must have joined before 2012-01-15. Maybe the qualification for the challenge cache changed since it launched initially?
August 02, 2020 07:17PM
The conditions of the challenge have changed, please use https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC38GBN/53493 for the time being
August 02, 2020 08:05PM
Thanks!!

I did notice that both checkers still allow for a person to have one of their own caches which they later claimed for a find as a qualifier. The challenge excludes caches one has ever owned from qualifying. This is a minor issue if the CO doesn’t care, but it is a flaw in the checker.

Thanks again for all that you do!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2020 08:18PM by PhMJ. (view changes)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login