Advanced

Re: I need a checker for GC93MPY

[Resolved] I need a checker for GC93MPY
December 09, 2020 04:09AM
I have started a challenge based on caches found in NW Mississippi. I need a checker for it. The cache numbers and types are listed in the cache page.

My first checker request. Let me know if there are any questions or hoops for me to jump through.

Thanks,
Terry
December 09, 2020 04:18AM
Unfortunately we cannot see the cache page as the cache isnt published yet.

You have done the big thing already (you got a GC code), we just need the details of what the challenge is.

We can limit the challenge to multiple counties of Mississippi..... Tate, DeSoto, Tunica....
December 09, 2020 04:27AM
Thanks for letting me know. The below is from the cache page. The multi, puzzle, earthcache, or blues tour cache could be from anywhere in MS. I hadn’t thought about it, but some of those are going to be moving targets. They will always be coming and going. Will that cause a problem? I have a pretty cool monopoly board type graphic I can share also.

Thanks
——
What do I have to do claim this Cache?

Louisiana find 2 geocaches

Multi find 1 geocache

Tate County find 2 geocaches

Tallahatchie County find 2 geocaches

Quitman County find 2 geocaches

De Soto County find 2 geocaches

Arkansas find 2 geocaches

Coahoma County find 3 geocaches

Blues Trail Caches find 2 geocaches

Carroll County find 3 geocaches

Panola County find 3 geocaches

Yalobusha County find 4 geocaches

EarthCache find 1 geocache

Tunica County find 4 geocaches

Humphreys County find 4 geocaches

Leflore County find 5 geocaches

Holmes County find 5 geocaches

Sunflower County 5 geocaches

Bolivar County find 6 geocaches

Montgomery County find 6 geocaches

Sharkey County find 6 geocaches

Attala County find 8 geocaches

Yazoo County find 8 geocaches

Puzzle County find 1 geocache

Issaquena County find 8 geocaches

Grenada County find 10 geocaches

Washington County find 10 geocaches
December 09, 2020 04:30AM
Let’s see if this image from a published cache shows up. Well partially hopefully it will adjust to the correct size.

December 09, 2020 04:43AM
All of the counties, types & Lousiana should not a problem..... but the 'Blues Trails' probably will be.

We cant use cache names or GC codes in challenges, so how can they be identified?
December 09, 2020 05:28AM
I have created a checker that includes ALL tasks except the 'Blues Trails'......let me know how we can modify the checker for an extra task.

Please note: due to the very long list of multiple checkers, I came up against the 'maximum character' limit for a tag.... I got around it by stripping down the output and removing most white space. We should have enough room for another challenge test condition.

https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC93MPY/57100

Also, I note you are missing one find in 'Quitman County', so you will need to grab one there before you can publish this.
December 09, 2020 01:34PM
Thanks.

Instead of the blues trail caches on that square, how about we change that to two caches in TN? That will be checkable.

One of my found caches I thought was in Quitman now appears to be in Tunica. Looking at the map I am afraid there are only two or three active caches in Quitman. I can run up there this weekend and grab another, but with so few I am tempted to move Quitman to the beginning and making it only one.

I will talk to Ben about changing the graphic. He works offshore so it might be a week or so.

I appreciate your quick work on this. This has been painless.

Terry
December 09, 2020 03:04PM
After reviewing, TN already had a corner. I think we are just going to drop that requirement and just put another no cache graphic there. So, changing Quitman to one cache should do it for the checker. That still leaves like a 115 caches required. Sounds like plenty to me.

Ben said he could do the changes to the graphic. Hopefully this is on its way.

Is there something to tell me how to insert the code?

Thanks again.
December 09, 2020 04:28PM
To post the checker on your listing you have to you can use the following procedure
1. Open the link as provided
2. Click on in the "link" button on the right
3. Copy the code for the third option and paste it into your cache description
(You might need to first click on the green button above the description to put it in the right mode.)
4. Save & preview and submit for publication once you're happy with it.

If you don't see the usual challenge check icon you might need to click the Source button above the cache description box before you paste the code.
December 09, 2020 04:29PM
Thanks.
December 09, 2020 10:17PM
I have modified the checker to make Quitman require just 1, and to add Tennessee (it was on the graphic but not the text list, so I missed it).

The checkers are in the same order as the board..... with Quitman being moved to the very front. If you want me to change the order I can, just let me know.
December 19, 2020 03:05AM
I got the updated graphic today and it is now published. Thanks for the help.

Terry
December 19, 2020 05:44AM
Its a great graphic, and congrats on getting it published.... however, I did notice your description on the cache page is inaccurate. This isn't meant to be a downer, just thought I should let you know.

After last time I studied the graphic very closely. I noted that Tennessee & Arkansas only require 1 each. Also, the new order on the graphic doesn't match your description.

Anyway, love the idea and the graphic, I am sure it will be a popular challenge. :-)
December 19, 2020 06:16AM
Thanks. I will take a look at it.
December 10, 2020 01:11AM
That sounds great. TN not being in the written list is probably why I thought I didn’t have it on there. I will add it.

Thanks so much for doing this. I just have to wait for Ben to make the graphic change and I can submit.

I have an idea for another county based challenge that I haven’t seen before. Maybe I will do something with it soon.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login