Advanced

Re: GC4N3QZ Time Zone checker has new problem

[Resolved] GC4N3QZ Time Zone checker has new problem
January 07, 2021 04:03AM
Sorry, I should have checked this one more extensively before telling you everything is OK. Checker does work for lots of cases, but fails with exception (and a rather lengthy but useless output) for at least the following cachers:

2bassetslaves
Hammerclub
Zuni Kid
tugies
Alamogul

I am guessing it is a particular non-USA time zone causing the problem, but I do not know which zone it is. Let me know if you can find the problem and fix it so it works for all cachers/time zones. Thanks!.
January 08, 2021 05:37AM
You should probably message 'sumbloke' directly, as it is his script.
January 11, 2021 03:50AM
I've made some adjustments to the script.

Most of those people were because they'd found caches in countries which had been renamed since I made the script. I've updated those country names.

I've also fixed the code around when it can't figure out the timezone. It should no longer crash in those instances, but just list it as "unknown". Unknown timezones don't get counted in the total (as it always has been).

Last fix was adding a sort of the output so they're listed by UTC offset. From UTC-12 to UTC+13, then unknown at the end.
January 11, 2021 05:10AM
Ok, this time it looks to be really fixed: tried it on about 35 cachers and all worked. Now time zones are sorted west to east, now isn't that cool! Thanks for the weekend fix!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login