Advanced

Re: Request for Challenge Checker GC99P High ~ Low Elevation Challenge

I had the bright idea of putting together an elevation challenge, but I was unaware that such challenge caches required a challenge checker. I know just enough about programing to be dangerous. However, I have no clue how to embed the checker into my cache page.
I need help with both the script writing and how to embed it in my cache page.
The challenge parameters are:
The extreme elevation finds must be traditional land caches anywhere in the world
At least one find at or above 11,000 feet in elevation above sea level
At least one cache at or below 200 feet in elevation below sea level.

Thanks
Randy
April 24, 2021 10:14AM
For this sort of challenge, no one will need to write a new script - there are existing scripts that can handle the tests. Only certain users have access to write checkers, though. however, if you find another identical checker, you are able to 'clone' it with another gc-code to create your own checker, otherwise, you have to request one here, and someone will make it for you.
I have made the checker, however, your gc-code (GC99P) appears to be invalid, so can you provide the correct one to attach to it. Please bear in mind also that you have to fulfil your own challenge.
April 24, 2021 05:21PM
Well, that was a bonehead mistake - the GC code is GC99PCT. And I didn't realize I need to qualify for my own challenge. Therefore, I need to change the higher elevation parameter to 10,000.

Thank you for your help!
April 24, 2021 05:33PM
Here is your checker:
https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC99PCT/60331
Please say if this is good for you.

To place on your listing do this:
1. Open the link as provided
2. Click on in the "link" button on the right
3. Copy the code for the third option and paste it into your cache description
(You might need to first click on the green button above the description to put it in the right mode.)
4. Save & preview and submit for publication once you're happy with it.

If you don't see the usual challenge check icon you might need to click the Source button above the cache description box before you paste the code.
April 24, 2021 09:28PM
Thank you - it works - However, I noticed the checker lists the first cache to trigger the checker challenge. The challenge will also record the most extreme elevation of each of the successful challenger. Is there anyway to modify the script to capture the the most extreme high and low elevation cache find?
April 24, 2021 09:46PM
I've changed it so that all qualifying caches are shown - with the most extreme at the top. Is this okay for you?
April 24, 2021 10:00PM
Perfect!!!! Thank you Dr. Acorn for the EXCELENT work! We will able to embed the challenger into the cache page and it is waited for review!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login