Advanced

Re: Issue with Checker for GC3R8C3

[Resolved] Issue with Checker for GC3R8C3
May 21, 2021 03:08PM
cacher dawnandgary should qualify for this AlphaNumeric Cacher Name Challenge, GC3R8C3, but the checker says they are lacking a "7" (cache owner name starting with a "7"). But they found https://coord.info/GC1XR30 on 12/26/2010 and the owner is 7Hammer. Something is not right. Maybe the checker is looking at "Placed by" instead of "Owner" ???? This one was placed under another name.
May 21, 2021 03:31PM
Here is a new checker that tests for owner name instead of "placed by" like the old one did, but please note that this would make it easier for people to lose their qualification of the challenge, every time a cache is adopted this will lead to a new result in this checker.

https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC3R8C3/60924

Please test and reply with which checker you want to use, you can use the "verify tag" option to see that three of the last ten loggers loses their qualifications with this checker.
May 21, 2021 03:43PM
Oh, can we have the checker to check for either? either the 'placed by' or the 'owner' field? and I will change the text of the cache page to make this allowance?
May 21, 2021 04:34PM
Just have both checkers available in your listing because your cache is a legacy cache whereby the current guidelines do not apply
May 21, 2021 07:11PM
As I understand it this would require a totally new script, this would mean that somebody would have to spend time on making everything "from scratch" instead of just adding a new tag like I did. Since this is a grandfathered challenge it is unlikely that somebody would want to spend that much time on it.

I agree with vogelbird's suggestion tho, this challenge is old enough that there should be no problem having both checkers on the cache page and explaining the difference of them. Players could choose to use checker A or checker B or manually combine the information from both of them to get their qualifications if you as a CO allow it.

You would probably want to update this part of the cache page too since this wouldn't really be true anymore: "In addition, only original cache owner names count. Names of cachers that placed the cache or adopted the cache will not count, only the names of the original cache owners."
May 21, 2021 08:42PM
I like that suggestion. I will allow both checkers (one for owner and one for placed by) and change the description.

Regards, DrPflug
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login