[Resolved] GC9F1ME True Electoral College Challenge
August 16, 2021 04:05PM
This challenge will be based off of the Electoral College Challenge. Instead of just having the number of electoral college votes for any state you have a find in, I would love to see it give you the Electoral College votes for the number of finds you have in a state. So for my profile elrojo14, a sampling would be (see the Wiki page for the up to date Electoral College votes).

Arizona 11 votes for my 31 finds
California 54 votes for my 7569 finds
Missouri 7 votes for my 7 finds (though Missouri has 10 EC votes, so I would be three short there)
South Carolina 1 votes for my 1 find (though South Carolina has 9 EC Votes)

The total for the challenge would be 270. I should have 270 votes, though it would be interesting to see because although I have found a cache in all 50 States and so on the regular Electoral Challenge checkers I have 538 out of 538, I have 15 states with 3 or less finds so I know I am leaving some votes out there.

Vogelbird says this one is doable, but they are unavailable to work on this at this time. Thanks in advance!
Re: GC9F1ME True Electoral College Challenge
August 17, 2021 04:17PM
Quick thing. When you write this up, you might want to specify the year the election is run. The electoral college distribution changes every 10 years with the Census and specifying the "current" will create a maintenance issue for the script.
August 17, 2021 04:55PM
Please check out https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC9F1ME/62680

I am not sure it is using the correct electoral college. I copies from another script.
August 17, 2021 06:03PM
That looks like exactly what I wanted. I can clone it no problem. Thank you!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login