Advanced

Re: A new challenge checker for GC9GVER

[Resolved] A new challenge checker for GC9GVER
September 28, 2021 10:56PM
Hi!

I need some help to make checkers for 4 upcoming challenge mysteries, which I have just created and given a GC-code for. I place one challenge checker in each request, while it seems that this is how it is supposed to be done. I have of course completed the challenge myself, so the checker can be tested and should give a green light on player "SKroff".

The challenge is: To log 5 caches with the difficulty factor "5" (D5) and cache type "Unknown", in Country "Sweden", Region "Östergötland", County "Norrköping". Beside this I would like a selection in the database query, so that the data only contains unknown caches that is not challenge-unknowns. Meaning that the attribute "Challenge cache" should not be there for the caches used to fullfill the challenge.

Apart from a green completed or red not completed, I would like the checker to show the total number of logged unknown caches (with the limitations) in Norrköping so that the player knows his/her status.

The GC-code for this planned cache is GC9GVER.

When I will include the link to the checker on the cache page, I will add your "nick" and thank you for your contribution.

Thanks for your consideration! I'm a beginner in this, I have made only two challenge caches in the past.

Kind regards

Sten Holmberg
Alias SKroff
September 29, 2021 12:43AM
Here you go: https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC9GVER/63570

Please confirm it is suitable. To confirm that challenges are excluded, I checked the user "MGoran" whose only D5 Unknown cache in that county was a challenge.
September 29, 2021 01:12AM
Hi!

I just tested the checker, it was a bit tricky but I found a way, and the people that has logged my D5-challenge (which at the moment is the only one, I found out) had one less logg than their total of unkown D5:s in Norrköping. MGoran and a few others. The checker works perfectly! I can now create this myst and send it to the reviewers.

I'm glad it showed the total in Norrköping, too! :-)

Is it something else you have to in your end? Otherwise, thanks for a very rapid answer and construction!!!

Kind regards

Sten Holmberg
Alias SKroff
September 29, 2021 01:14AM
Nothing else to do on this end. After your challenge has been published, the name will show up on the checker page.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login