Advanced

Re: A cache in Bannock county over 1925 meters - GC9J97W

[Resolved] A cache in Bannock county over 1925 meters - GC9J97W
November 10, 2021 10:40PM
Hello!
This challenge cache GC9J97W asks qualifiers to find at least one geocache inside Bannock county, Idaho (there is only one Bannock county on the planet thus far) with an elevation of at least 1925 meters (or 6315 feet). There are about 45 active caches that qualify.
I figure benchmarks, open geocaches, and lab caches shalln't count since they dont' have GC codes.

I definitely qualify. I have found 24 caches in Bannock county over 1925 feet, like 'Poop hill' GCR0ZJ and even own two caches at this elevation.

Many thanks for your time and help!
November 11, 2021 03:40AM
Here you go: https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC9J97W/64301

Please confirm it is suitable.

P.S., I'm not sure what you're referring to as "open geocaches". Benchmarks are not available in the checker system and lab caches are off by default.
November 11, 2021 04:33AM
Sum Bloke,

That challenge checker is perfect! I really appreciate the script outputting a list of the qualifying caches with their elevations. NICE.
I ran a handful of different usernames through the checkers and it was both positive and negative when it should be.

In response to your P.S., there is a whole different network of geocaches found on opencaching.us and it is hasn't really found traction. I don't get the point of this second network and most geocachers don't seem to know it exists. They're not missing out on much since there are so few caches on opencaching.us.
November 11, 2021 05:24AM
Oh, okay. Definitely not in the checker system then, since it only gets caches from the Groundspeak API.

I've heard about Geocaching Australia (another additional system), which does add the ability to create several types you can't on the official site. Maybe opencaching is similar, where they thought the real site is too restrictive.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login