Advanced

Re: Requesting checker for GC9JYR0

[Resolved] Requesting checker for GC9JYR0
December 02, 2021 08:49PM
Hi again - could I get a checker built for a challenge based on 2 completed calendar grids filled in with only traditional caches (found date and hidden date)?

In other words, to qualify for this challenge, a cacher needs to find at least one traditional cache on all 365 days of the year. And the cacher also needs to have another month-day calendar grid completed filled in only by the hidden dates from traditional caches they've found.

The same caches can be used in both calendars if necessary. Only the month and date matter for this challenge; the year is irrelevant. The finds do not have to be sequential either; ie streaks are not necessary for this challenge and the finds can take place over any number of years. Past finds, including archived, disabled, etc, can count in this challenge.

As per the usual challenge rules, Feb 29 is a nice to have for both calendars but is not allowed to count as part of the mandatory 365 days.

The cacher can not use their own caches for either calendars in the challenge either (in the past, you were able to log their own caches).

Also in the past, you were able to log the same cache multiple times; those caches can only be used once for the 'found' calendar, on the first date it was found.

I think that covers everything. If you have any questions or need more information, please let me know.

If it's possible, I'm hoping the checker output could look something like the graphics from this checker - https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC8ZME1/59054 one grid for found dates and another grid for the hidden dates.

Thank you very much again :-) in advance of all the work involved.
December 02, 2021 09:17PM
Here is the link https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC9JYR0/64675

Please test and reply
December 03, 2021 08:23AM
This feels sort of like a eyeglasses test. ;-) Yes, the 2nd checker is better than the first. :-) The headers/titles help explain what each grid is for.

So is there no way to reuse this checker and/or its output then? https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC8ZME1/59054 It does have the months listed in the first column and I was thinking all you have to do is adjust it to search for 365 days instead of 100 (for traditional finds and if possible, hidden dates of traditionals). I think it also has some of my other criteria built into it as well. Of course, I'm sure I'm oversimplifying all this so I'll rely on you to give me the real lowdown whether it's possible or not.

Otherwise I don't think I can really test the functionality of the checker until the checker is restricted to just traditional caches. In theory, once that happens, this checker's first grid output (for found dates) should match the output from the checker I provided in the above paragraph (for traditional caches finds anyways).

Thank you for all your effort and research so far. :-)
December 02, 2021 09:33PM
Thanks for the fast turnaround but I'm not getting the results I expected from the checker. Something's off but I'm not sure what it is. Does the checker filter for just traditional type of caches?

Also is it possible for the output to have the names of the months in the first column of the table, instead of just numbers?

Thanks.
December 02, 2021 09:47PM
The checker only exclude Lab caches at the moment

The output is dictated by the script and can not be changed

There is another multitest script but the months are still numbers and although leapday is excluded on the find calendar the output does no show this when you have a find on febr, 29

But here is the checker to test https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC9JYR0/64676
December 03, 2021 06:41PM
@vogelbird I think you need to re-read the request. OP asks for traditional caches only.
December 03, 2021 06:55PM
@Pleu - your wright, I have corrected the config
December 06, 2021 06:37AM
Thank you for making the adjustments. :-) I've tested and it looks like it's working much better now. I miss the months on the side but I can live with it. I'm happy with the look of the grids otherwise. :-) Is it possible to add the word 'Calendar' to the title of the 2nd grid or remove it from the first so that it's consistent?

Could you also please confirm that Leap Day is not mandatory for the Hidden Date grid? The output (text output shown below) gives the impression may not be excluded so I just wanted to verify.

Finds by Found Date Calendar:366 dates of 366 completed. This challenge allows leap day to be skipped.

Finds by Placed Date:366 dates of 366 completed.

In the actual hidden day calendar grid, Feb 29 doesn't have the same brackets (1) as the Feb 29th date in the found date grid either.

Could you also confirm that the other criteria (can't use/log own hides, can't use multiple logs of same cache) have been incorporated into the checker as well? They're harder to test for so I just wanted to verify that they have been added as well?

Thanks.
December 06, 2021 11:03AM
You asked for two full calendars (Found and placed dates) and as per the guidelines this means:
1. Finds by Found Date Calendar:366 dates of 366 completed. This challenge allows leap day to be skipped. = 365 days
2. Finds by Placed Date:366 dates of 366 completed. = 366 days
if I change this in 365 days it is not a full calendar

Your question on multible logs and own caches will normally be excluded but only the scriptwriter can confirm this
December 08, 2021 11:04PM
My initial request was to exclude Feb 29th from being mandatory for both calendars but that's because I assumed Feb 29th is not allowed in any challenges. I thought that only "true" 365 days challenges were allowed according to the new rules but I've learned something interesting since then. According to the official challenge rules listed on GC.com, it says only finds on February 29th are not allowed for challenges which I assume means that technically hides hidden on Feb 29th are allowed for challenges. There's something I didn't know before.

Anyways, my preference would to be consistent with both calendars. Ccould you please adjust the hidden date part of the challenge to only require the 'usual' 365 days, which means caches hidden on Feb 29th are just a 'nice to have' instead of mandatory? That way both calendars have the same 365 day requirement.

Otherwise I think everything else is good. I'm going to assume the other criteria are included in the checker then as per your comments and I'll document those caveats in my description.

Thank you again.
December 09, 2021 05:01AM
Checker adjusted
December 11, 2021 07:35AM
Testing has been completed successfully. Please feel free to close this request as resolved now. Thank you for all your help.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login