Advanced

Re: 15 Contiguos States

[Resolved] 15 Contiguos States
January 03, 2017 06:04PM
Would it be possible to create a checker for a challenge that requires a cacher to have found a cache in 15 contigueous states?
Carni
January 05, 2017 02:19PM
yes, it's possible, however you should provide list of all states and also list of the connections between the states (in other words, for every state we need the list of adjacent states to the given state.
See the discussion on http://project-gc.com/forum/read?11,332

With "state" you mean country (i.e. USA, Mexico, France, Germany) or you mean US states as Texas, California etc?
Is there some area restriction, i.e. US only (in the case of us states) or one continent only, i.e. Europe? In this case the amount of data needed by checker will be significantly lower.
February 10, 2017 01:40AM
Hello Carnigrewal,

Do you have the states you want this macro to cover?

There is already county level data for the US. That might be able to be massaged to get state level data without any more human interaction.

However outside the US, there is no data set to my knowledge.

Please advise.
February 11, 2017 12:37PM
Rather than using the county connection matrix with has some 18,000 data points, it might make more sense to made a State/Province connection matrix which would have less than 400 data points. Then this could be merged with the programing concept Target used for the counties.
February 11, 2017 12:51PM
We are already working on this , thanks
February 14, 2017 07:11PM
Solved and checkers made. Question will go to ARCHIVE Checker requests (completed)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login