Advanced

Re: Adjust 'A busy day for some- GC9QTH7'

[Resolved] Adjust 'A busy day for some- GC9QTH7'
April 05, 2022 04:47AM
Good evening,

I cloned tag 11817 to create a checker for a pending challenge cache 'A busy day for some- GC9QTH7', new tag# 67539. However, it appears that the new checker is verifying for 8 unique cache types on one day and I am writing the challenge cache for 4 unique types. Can this be adjusted?

Also, I don't believe the name of my cache presents in the title of the checker.....how does this get modified?

Thank you for your patience with me....this is my first challenge cache creation.

-SouthernGrits
April 05, 2022 05:21AM
Welcome to the community. Let me answer a few points separately:

1. Cloned tags can't be altered. Cloning should be used if you want the exact same conditions. If you want something different you should ask (like you are here).
2. The challenge cache name is automatically populated after the challenge is published.
3. Most important. Busy day challenges are no longer allowed (as of the 2016 re-introduction of challenges). Please read the challenge cache guidelines. You'll need to set a new challenge.
4. A given GC code can only have one cloned checker created for it, so you will need to request a checker even if you're copying another challenge exactly. Please get back to us when you've chosen your new conditions.
April 06, 2022 04:44AM
Thank you for responding so quickly.

Based on what I was seeing, the cloned from tag was requiring the same results I was looking for, but I guess I missed a tag somewhere that stated otherwise. Again, new to this aspect of cache creation.....

I had read through the challenge requirements, but I guess I interpreted them a little differently.

Since I can no longer clone a checker for my challenge, can one be altered/built to accommodate the following:
CHALLENGE: To move / discover at least 1000 trackables and own 100 trackables. This would be for my existing pending Challenge Cache, GC9QTH7. I am re-writing the cache page for the change to the challenge.

Based on what I can see, this would be independently verifiable on Geocaching.com, available to all and there's no time limit on discovering/owning.

Thanks for all the help and for being patient with me.
-SouthernGrits
April 06, 2022 05:39AM
I'm sorry but this criteria is also not allowed

Please read 2.12.10 Source of Criteria

Not acceptable
Trackable, Benchmarking, Waymarking logs, or specifying Lab Cache finds.
April 10, 2022 05:25AM
After more research, I am going to do a 100 souvenir challenge. I found a checker already built for this. Can I link directly to that checker in my cache? Or do I need to have it modified so that it includes my GC code that is in process?

SouthernGrits.
April 10, 2022 11:45AM
The GC code on the challenge checker must match the GC code of the associated challenge cache page.

Here is the link to a new checker https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC9QTH7/67727
The old checker is disabled

Please test and reply
April 10, 2022 07:05PM
Than you.....this checker works perfect and embedded to the cache page without a problem.

How do I go about marking this thread as completed? Or is that something you close out?

Sorry for all the newness in my attempts to publish this, but I appreciate your assistance.

SG
April 10, 2022 07:27PM
I will close this thread
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login