Advanced

Re: 12 Icons in a Calendar Day

[Awaiting feedback] 12 Icons in a Calendar Day
May 09, 2022 01:39AM
Hello,

I'd like a checker to verify if a user has found at least 12 different cache icons in a single calendar day. The cache types I would like to be accepted for this challenge are in this photo: https://s3.amazonaws.com/gs-geo-images/a05741c9-3d16-4d33-970e-ee09717abdc1_l.png

Note the 10! icon is considered a celebration event. Also note that the "choose 5" at the top of the image is irrelevant for this checker/challenge.

The GC for this new challenge is: GC9QC9P

Thanks in advance!
May 09, 2022 03:45AM
Sorry, such a challenge is no longer allowed under guideline 9:
Not acceptable
Time-limited caching: as in some number of finds per day, week, month, or year. Examples: Busy Day, 50 finds in a day, 500 finds in a month, etc.
Requiring more than one find on any day or calendar date, even if cumulative. Example: find 5 caches for every date of the Finds for Each Day of the Year grid.
May 09, 2022 04:26AM
Makes sense. Wondered why I haven't seen a lot of these in my area.

Can we change the challenge? Say... you must have found/attend 4 different cache event icons 7 times. Any cache event icon will do (event, CITO, Mega, Giga, block party, Celebration, ect.). Just needs to be a minimum of 4 unique event cache types, found/attended at least 7 times each. For example: 7 megas, 7 celebrations, 7 events, and 7 citos would qualify.

Thanks in advance!
May 09, 2022 05:14AM
Yep, that should be allowed. Here's your checker: https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC9QC9P/68635

Please confirm it is suitable.
May 09, 2022 05:27AM
It is incorrectly showing that I have logged 7 lost and found events, when I should have 0. It also shows that I have 0 celebration events, when it should show 7.
May 09, 2022 05:36AM
"Lost and Found Event Cache" is the type which was re-used for Community Celebration events. "Groundspeak Lost and Found Celebration" is a special type for HQ events, only used for GC24GYW and GC896PK so far. I've adjusted the checker to rename those two to be clearer.
May 09, 2022 05:48AM
Awesome! Thanks!

Another issue I saw was that the list excludes Geocaching HQ Celebrations. It shouldn't matter right now as there hasn't been 7 total of these icons, but it might make a difference if HQ holds more in the future. Could you add that as well?

Thanks again for all the help!
May 09, 2022 06:03AM
That would be the two "Groundspeak ..." types.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login