Advanced

Re: Possible Checker for GC2V367 - Minnesota County Blackout Challenge

[Resolved] Possible Checker for GC2V367 - Minnesota County Blackout Challenge
December 23, 2022 05:52PM
I have an existing Challenge Minnesota County Blackout Challenge. GC 2V367. This was published in 2012 and not subject to the current challenge rules. I am not certain whether a checker is possible.

Minnesota has 87 counties. This challenge is to find every active cache in any of the 87 counties in Minnesota.

1. You only need to find every active cache in your chosen county at the time you complete the challenge. Archived or disabled caches do not count. Once you have found every cache in your chosen county you may post a note. If more caches are hidden or activated after the date of your post you do not need to find them.

2. A GSAK macro can determine counties if you have any questions.

3. Events or CITOs do not count for this challenge. All other active caches listed on geocaching.com must be found including puzzles, earthcaches, virtuals and multis.

4. Show a verification any way you chose. A bookmark list, a GSAK list or a note is fine.

5. For puzzles or multis use the posted coordinates to determine the county.

6. Finds or hides count. If you have hidden caches in your chosen county you only need to find the caches hidden by others.

7. Once you have found all the caches in your chosen county you may find this cache and post your find. Any finds on this cache without showing evidence of completing the requirements will be deleted.

Let me know if there are any questions.
December 23, 2022 05:59PM
This request needs a special script
December 23, 2022 09:50PM
If you have the polygons for the counties, I can look at a solution.
December 24, 2022 12:19AM
December 24, 2022 12:32AM
Yes, it looks good.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login