[Resolved] GC74HBP tags for Complicated Fizzy Bin Checker
April 25, 2017 04:39PM
http://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC6K5EQ/26080 is with default values for fpthresh and events.
Please add tags fpthresh 100 and events "Event Cache" for GC74HBP to script Complicated Fizzy Bin Checker (by sloth96)

Thank you.
Re: GC74HBP tags for Complicated Fizzy Bin Checker
April 25, 2017 05:12PM
http://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC74HBP/26131

Let me know how it works. You give great bug reports so I am looking forward to it.
April 25, 2017 05:34PM
Quote from my thread: "Is it possible to make the event clause more general, e.g. allowing also to choose only "Event Cache" for events instead of 'events={"Cache In Trash Out Event","Event Cache", "Mega-Event Cache","Giga-Event Cache"}'? "

Hence Anna wants to have only "normal" events considered. If I run the query a CITO is returned, which should not be the case.
April 25, 2017 05:38PM
That would be a bug.
April 25, 2017 05:39PM
Try now
April 25, 2017 05:41PM
now it works :). I am considering to use this instead of "mine"...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2017 05:43PM by Carnatic. (view changes)
April 25, 2017 07:08PM
It sounds as thought I need to make the script more flexible
April 25, 2017 11:19PM
Carnatic Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> now it works :). I am considering to use this
> instead of "mine"...

Carnatic

Please discuss that in your thread.
April 25, 2017 11:14PM
The checker looks fine so far, thank you very much, but I would like to restrict eligible caches to Europe (Europe would in fact be provided as a list of countries) if possible. Could you widen the possible tags be able to restrict finds to a country/list of countries like in other scripts?
April 25, 2017 11:20PM
AnnaMoritz Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The checker looks fine so far, thank you very
> much, but I would like to restrict eligible caches
> to Europe (Europe would in fact be provided as a
> list of countries) if possible. Could you widen
> the possible tags be able to restrict finds to a
> country/list of countries like in other scripts?

What countries?
April 25, 2017 11:31PM
This mix of partly geocaching.com interpretation of territoral entities in Europe and actual countries:

"country": [
"Albania",
"Andorra",
"Aland Islands",
"Austria",
"Belarus",
"Belgium",
"Bosnia and Herzegovina",
"Bulgaria",
"Croatia",
"Czech Republic",
"Denmark",
"Estonia",
"Faroe Islands",
"Finland",
"France",
"Germany",
"Gibraltar",
"Guernsey",
"Greece",
"Hungary",
"Iceland",
"Ireland",
"Isle of Man",
"Italy",
"Jersey",
"Latvia",
"Liechtenstein",
"Lithuania",
"Luxembourg",
"Macedonia",
"Malta",
"Moldova",
"Monaco",
"Montenegro",
"Netherlands",
"Norway",
"Poland",
"Portugal",
"Romania",
"Russia",
"San Marino",
"Serbia",
"Slovakia",
"Slovenia",
"Spain",
"Svalbard and Jan Mayen",
"Sweden",
"Switzerland",
"Ukraine",
"United Kingdom",
"Vatican City State"
]
April 26, 2017 02:59AM
Country filters should now be implemented and work. One of my US test cases now fails.

Feedback appreciated.
April 27, 2017 11:19PM
The new helpful hints for geocachers that can't fill the grid seems to give output for different numbers of tested groups depending on where the problem occurs. Sometimes it goes till step 45/81, in other cases up to 81/81.

They show the problem in an easy to understand way for certain cases.

example 1
Some grouping of caches did not have enough distinct D/T for the types.
Find more unique D/T bins in the following cache type groups.
Event Wherigo Cache Virtual Cache Earthcache set needs to have 36 unique D/T squares and does not.
Letterbox Hybrid Event Wherigo Cache Virtual Cache Earthcache set needs to have 45 unique D/T squares and does not.

For the red part one can assume, if the problem starts here, at least groups Wherigo Cache Virtual Cache Earthcache have passed the test (the new group seems to be added to the left) and the problem is either (didn't look at the code) Event doesn't have 9 D/T or if yes, there is no valid solution to fill 36 squares with 9 Event Wherigo Cache Virtual Cache Earthcache each. If this step doesn't succed, the following blue step that adds another group also can't succed.

example 2 (I know this cacher has found only 3 Virtual Caches but the remaining D/T grid is well-filled so it doesn't seem unlikely that finding the needed 6 Virtual Caches with the missing D/T and taking that squares away from being available to other cache types would let him succeed then)

Some grouping of caches did not have enough distinct D/T for the types.
Find more unique D/T bins in the following cache type groups.
Virtual Cache set needs to have 9 unique D/T squares and does not.
Wherigo Cache Virtual Cache set needs to have 18 unique D/T squares and does not.
Wherigo Cache Virtual Cache Earthcache set needs to have 27 unique D/T squares and does not.
Letterbox Hybrid Wherigo Cache Virtual Cache Earthcache set needs to have 36 unique D/T squares and does not.
Event Wherigo Cache Virtual Cache Earthcache set needs to have 36 unique D/T squares and does not.
Letterbox Hybrid Event Wherigo Cache Virtual Cache Earthcache set needs to have 45 unique D/T squares and does not.

All the blue statements are true, but that has to be because already the first step failed.

I was wondering how help the cachers that don't qualify with some simple hints for quite a while because to some geocachers it might not be obvious how to proceed.

I was thinking along these lines for possible explanations (sorry for the bad screenshot):

and

1+2 are steps that precede the information you provide that let's say for combining group A+B+C there is no valid solution which would be 3 in the picture where the step is only briefly hinted at. Step 4 was helpful for me to find easily a valid solution without a program and I would hope it would also help to find what cache type and D/T can/should be added where if some D/Ts are missing.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/2017 11:25PM by AnnaMoritz. (view changes)
April 28, 2017 08:58AM
This response is interesting, as I gave almost the same one under my own thread without having read this on before :D I am pretty sure that sloth96 can do that, because of the programming skills he showed in programming this checker at all. ;)
April 28, 2017 12:09AM
You are reading the output in an interesting fashion. Having written the code the interpretation more more like the following:

>example 1
>Some grouping of caches did not have enough distinct D/T for the types.
>Find more unique D/T bins in the following cache type groups.
>Event Wherigo Cache Virtual Cache Earthcache set needs to have 36 unique D/T squares and does not.
>Letterbox Hybrid Event Wherigo Cache Virtual Cache Earthcache set needs to have 45 unique D/T squares and does not.

All categories have atleast 9 D/T squares.
All groupings of 2 categories have atleast 18 DT squares.
All groupings of 3 categories have atleast 27 DT squares.
Only one grouping of 4 categories does not have 36 caches.
That grouping is Event Wherigo Cache Virtual Cache Earthcache
Only one grouping of 5 categories does not have 45 caches.
That grouping is Event Wherigo Cache Virtual Cache Earthcache

One thing that interested me is
> If this step doesn't succed, the following blue step that adds another group also can't succed.
This statement is not true otherwise, there would be a 6 category one that does not have 54.
April 28, 2017 01:23AM
Then maybe I misunderstood completely.

example 1: the geocacher learns that there is no success for A+B+C+D.

I would have thought if A+B+C+D (36) doesn't work (the cacher has to resolve at least the A+B+C+D problem with additional finds) there is no possible way to let A+B+C+D+E (45), A+B+C+D+E+F (54) etc. up to A+B+C+D+E+F+G+H+I (81) succeed without additional finds, even if you are able to find a solution for let's say B+C+D+E+F+G+H+I (72). Am I wrong?

In example 2 to my understanding every grouping involving A=Virtual from A+B up to A+B+C+D+E+F+G+H+I can't succeed because A only has 3 instead of 9.

Showing one or more possible grid solutions for B+C+D+E+F+G+H+I and/or other 8-group solutions would allow to suggest 9 squares to fill with the missing group and be sure to succeed then.

Whereas resolving A+B+C+D in the first example (or A+B for the second) in an unfortunate manner can lead to the next fail when adding another group.

Anyway, thinking of 'all' geocachers, I believe the reasons for fail are in this order:
no full grid at all
not 9 caches for each type
not enough D/T for each type.
combination fails somewhere.
April 29, 2017 06:31PM
Checker resolved and moved to ARCHIVE Checker requests (completed)
May 01, 2017 05:16PM
I am going to have the checker steer people who do not complete.it to
http://project-gc.com/Maps/MapMatrix

This is a feature of project gc. It lets them dig as much as they want and provides them caches they can find.

It saves reinventing the wheel in this macro.
May 14, 2017 07:14PM
Thank you sloth96 for your efforts, no further action required.

Based on feedback from various local cachers and from Carnatic who originally asked for the script I (after getting write access in the end) extended the script's output in a first version to what they asked for to show succes also graphically as D/T grid filled with the corresponding icons and in case of fail both graphically and as numbers how filled the D/T grids for the various cache types are already, including some extra explanations if choosing german as language, as so far both challenges are in german speaking countries and some don't really understand the english output. http://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC74HBP/26424
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login