Comparison of exceptions
June 09, 2020 01:17PM
GC316Z3 - Challenge: Smile with me
and
GC316Z3 - My Personal Top Ten - Challenge Cache

The first one has been given a majority up vote on the exception list - the second one an majority downvote
Both have the word challenge in the title and are '?' caches - so no issue there

The first one - which has been given an overall upvote does NOT require you to find another cache - it says 'find one other' but if you read it all it goes on to say if you just find THIS cache thats fine, so you do not have to find another cache for the CO to allow a find - so there is no criteria, no requirement to find another cache and yet has been upvoted

The second one - which has been given an overall downvote does require you to find 10 caches - no specifics other than your favourite top 10 with a brief reason why it is a fav. so this does have criteria, the requirement to find 10 caches and yet has been given an overall downvote

So comparing these two caches and their requirements why has the one which does not require you to find any other cache get the upvote and the one that says find 10 caches get the downvote
Re: Comparison of exceptions
June 09, 2020 02:36PM
First cache is
GC5RTC7 - Challenge: Smile with me ( You had the wrong GCcode)

It gets my upvote because there are a lot of challenges where you need only 1 cache. Only a few of them are on the exception list and not treated equally. Some are upvoted and some downvoted (see GC3QF0C - Défi 1 cache !)
To stay consistent they are all upvoted by me

GC316Z3 - My Personal Top Ten - Challenge Cache
Has more a mystery approach because the cache is not at the given coordinates
Re: Comparison of exceptions
June 09, 2020 02:52PM
The latter is pre moratorium and there were several challenges that included a puzzle element before the guidelines said otherwise but it has criteria for qualifying so is a challenge.

For the smile challenge as I said the CO actually says you can count this cache which means you don't have to have found any other caches so therefore no qualifying criteria
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.