Advanced

Re: Moderate Challenge Exception Button

Moderate Challenge Exception Button
September 01, 2020 09:22AM
We have been part of the moderating challenge exception team since it started, but today we cannot access the ‘moderate’ button as usual. Has anything changed? How can we get the button reinstated?
September 01, 2020 11:43AM
I found this and have messaged PGC too :-(
September 01, 2020 12:11PM
September 01, 2020 12:51PM
Now we have read this we understand why the button has been removed, but we think it would still be useful to have a moderating system as before.

Archived caches, or ones which are live but will never get an attribute given by the CO, will still need flagging up and moderating.
September 01, 2020 01:07PM
Though I too understand why this has been done - however

My thoughts
I agree that just relying on the existence of the attribute will miss some - but also some will get included that shouldn't.
Over the couple of years we have been moderating it has been evident that many 'challenges' have slipped through the net that should not have been published as they didn't follow the guidelines, often through COs cloning checkers. Any future similar caches will probably get given the attribute and yet should not - it is only through moderation that these have been highlighted
September 01, 2020 01:41PM
Totally agree with Deepdiggingmole. We would request that the moderating system is reinstated.
September 03, 2020 11:28AM
I had a message today (3 hours ago) to say 'There are exceptions that you haven't voted on'
If the moderation process has been 'turned off' due to moderators being removed - who is adding to the exception list (one I noted was an Ad Lab Bonus cache (just by the cache name) - so why on earth it got on the exception list is beyod me)

Tim
September 11, 2020 11:20AM
There is some automatic logic affecting the content of the list. We just forgot to remove the scheduled job sending PMs when removing the page.

PS! The page is coming back, today.
September 11, 2020 11:30AM
The page is coming back today. See https://dev-01.project-gc.com/forum/list?12 for more information.
September 11, 2020 07:02PM
Thank you
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.