Advanced

GC316Z3 - My Personal Top Ten - Challenge Cache

GC316Z3 - My Personal Top Ten - Challenge Cache
September 11, 2020 11:18AM
I would like to discuss GC316Z3 - My Personal Top Ten - Challenge Cache

Under the header/title "Aufgabe" (Mission) the text starts with "Finde mindestens 10 Caches" (Find at least 10 caches).

Then the text goes on starting with the word "Quatsch" (poppycock). It's something about telling some story around them, but I didn't pay too much attention there.

To me it's super clear that this geocache requires you to find 10 geocaches, yet it has 16 down-votes and only 5 up-votes (including mine). Am I missing something, or are a lot of people wrong?

PS! The Challenge exception interface isn't available right now. It has been removed with the new attribute changes from HQ. The interface will be back today, hopefully within an hour.
Re: GC316Z3 - My Personal Top Ten - Challenge Cache
September 11, 2020 01:28PM
I agree with your comment and revised my vote. Not sure why I voted no initially. Maybe it was lost in translation.
September 11, 2020 02:44PM
My vote remain a down vote because the subject of the challenge is not a quantity but an explanation of a cacher's favorite caches.
September 11, 2020 02:46PM
I read this one as a bit of a gray area, but it's possible that I misunderstood something due to not beeing that good at german. :) I read it as an ALR to list your top ten favorite caches, so it's an ALR but it's not a challenge in my mind.

I think somebody that is a native-speaker could probably sort this one out pretty quickly.
September 11, 2020 06:55PM
I too had upvoted initially as I had read this as caches had to be found in order for you to be able to list your top 10 favorite. However on reflection, I now agree that that is not a challenge as such, there is no 'goal' to achieve, no quantity of caches to find of any specific type, etc etc
So for me I am now down voting

Good to see discussion like this

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2022 12:36PM by Deepdiggingmole. (view changes)
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.