Advanced

GC7M55Q - Der Challenge-Kobold

GC7M55Q - Der Challenge-Kobold
May 19, 2022 06:02PM
This one has been added to the exception list and having read it several times I believe this will have a split of opinion.
My thoughts
Everything is there to allow this to be passed as a challenge cache
Challenge in title - yes
Criteria to be fulfilled - yes...find a cache in Egypt (note this cache is in Switzerland)
Challenge Attribute - yes
Checker - yes

So it does seem that this has all that is needed to make it a challenge cache
However - you look at the cache page and most of what you see is a puzzle to be solved. The cache is at the original co-ords - the puzzle it would seem gives you numbers for a padlock (or similar)
Although the challenge is not difficult (find one cache in another country) and that is maybe what sways opinion - everything (in my opinion) is there to make this a challenge cache

Tim
Re: GC7M55Q - Der Challenge-Kobold
May 19, 2022 10:21PM
A mystery for a padlock is allowed and does not disqualify this from being a challenge. It has a "challenge" people need to fulfill in logging a cache in Egypt, there shouldn't be any discussion because it's obvious this is a challenge cache.
May 20, 2022 12:40AM
@Pleu - I am not disagreeing with you - however it was raised in discussion as I noted already that this has had a downvote as well as an upvote (it did when I added my vote) - I feel that when there is disparity then a discussion is not a bad thing :-) and may give clarity
May 20, 2022 01:34AM
@Deepdiggingmole I could have phrased that better. What I meant is that it isn't much of a discussion because the "other side" has no valid arguments. The downvote would be from the person that added the cache to the list and as I see it this must be either a) a misunderstanding of the point of the list, b) a misunderstanding of the cache or c) abuse of the list. I see no valid reason to add this as "not a challenge" or to downvote it.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.