Advanced

Re: Bug in editing GC codes?

Bug in editing GC codes?
May 17, 2016 01:22AM
I created some tags for some new challenges on request by the owner. I created them without GC codes because he hadn't supplied them at the time. He's since given me the GC codes and I tried to edit them into the tags, but they don't seem to stay. Is this simply because the caches haven't been published yet, or is there a deeper bug?
May 17, 2016 09:23AM
I have alos seen it but it not sure how to replicate it.
When you edit a tag with a unpublished GC code it might vanish. If you refresh the page it will come back but if you edit it again in will be permanently gone
May 20, 2016 03:15PM
I have identified the problem.
The problem is that if you edit tag and the GC code dont exist and save it.
The tag is refreshed on the page but the GC code is missing from the web page but not the server

There are now two options.
1: you edit the same tag again directly without refreshing the page. The GC code is missing and therefore it is save without GC code and it have alos been remove from the server.
result: the tag looses the GC code

2: You dont edit the tag without refreshin the page. Everythin will now work as expected and the tag have the GC code in it.

So the temporary fix is if you edit a tag for a gccode that dont exist refresh the page after saving the tag. The refresh page will have the GC conde in the tag and you can edit again.

The gc code only dissapairs when a singe tag is refresh on the page. That is the reason that new tags works because that refreshed the webpage
May 20, 2016 03:30PM
I don't think this is the only course.
I placed a tag on your matrix script and did not touch it anymore.
After a few days the gccode was disappeared. I only noticed it when I used the script again.
May 20, 2016 03:42PM
Are you sure you did not edit the tag after you created it?
The one blan on it now is http://project-gc.com/Challenges//19825 and it was changed "Updated at: 2016-04-25 09:02:16 UTC (Created at: 2016-04-25 08:56:43)"

It would be interesting to see one where it vanish without en edit. Look at he the changed times for the tag you have likly not edited if the time is the same
May 20, 2016 05:22PM
As far as I know but I'm not a 100% certain the update was when I placed the gccode.
I checked all the future challenges I tagged so far and I found one other on the script page.

I thaught the problem was bigger because when you are using the checker page there is no GCccode in the link

Example
Script link "project-gc.com/Challenges/GC61PDZ/19828"
Checker link "project-gc.com/Challenges//19828"
May 20, 2016 06:03PM
With cooperation with ganja1447 the problem was found. It is fixed in on dev server and will hopefully be live soon.

The problem with the link on the checker page is likley the same problem from copied code. If you look at the likned http://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC61PDZ/19828 above you will also notice that there is no GC code on the page.
But a existing page have a gc code like http://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC469TF/3
May 17, 2016 07:35PM
They disappear with me to which is quite a nuisance. I hope something can be done about this because some of them are already prepared for submission to a reviewer
May 17, 2016 07:38PM
Removed - I get a strange time delay on submission to the forum

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2016 08:01PM by vogelbird. (view changes)
May 17, 2016 07:39PM
Ignore this message

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2016 08:04PM by vogelbird. (view changes)
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.