Advanced

Re: PostGIS corrupt

PostGIS corrupt
October 04, 2017 02:18PM
Our PostGIS database went corrupt today and I didn't manage to fix it properly.

Since the idea from the start has been that we can recreate GIS-data from data files, we haven't had backups of the GIS database until just a few days ago. Sadly, that includes the corrupted data that crashes Postgresql.

Last month, we did however move the virtual machine from one server to another. The file system for the old virtual machine was left on the other server. Today I copied that file system to the new instance, and things seems to work.

The only remaining problem is, which data have we updated since then? That data needs to be updated again now. I believe it's only Taiwan and Luxembourg actually, but to be safe, I went back another few weeks and am currently updating the following to our current local data:
Taiwan, Luxembourg, Switzerland, Netherlands, Austria

There might be a few days where the data for these countries (most likely only Taiwain and Luxembourg then) are a mix from old and new data. The server is likely to be quite loaded while recalculating things again. We will try to do the two most likely countries first, they are also quite small.

It seems, like we moved the virtual machine 12th September. If anyone knows any polygon data we have updated after that, feel free to inform us, if it's not on the above list.
Re: PostGIS corrupt
October 05, 2017 01:37AM
Not that it's something needing to be re-updated, but I noticed this in the Q&A yesterday: https://project-gc.com//qa/?qa=15279/newfoundland-counties-not-represented-in-county-map

Might be worth looking into at the same time or shortly after.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.