Advanced

France county merge

France county merge
July 06, 2021 12:17PM
It's likely that two counties in France will be merged in a week or so.

For some reason OSM has split 'Rhône' into 'D Rhône' and 'Lyon Metropolis'. It has looked like this on Project-GC for as long as we can see (at least since 2019), but we have recently received feedback that this probably isn't correct.

French Wikipedia lists them as one, English Wikipedia as two. There are also several other sources with different opinions. This lead to us making a survey for our French users, the standing is right now 3 votes to keep it as is and 62 votes to merge them. With that in mind I am quite sure that we will merge it "soon".
Re: France county merge
July 08, 2021 05:25PM
Currently the votes are:
Keep as it is: 6 votes
Merge them: 109 votes

Therefore I have now told Project-GC to merge these two, it will take up to 24 hours until it's completed all through the system.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/08/2021 05:25PM by magma1447. (view changes)
July 09, 2021 05:18PM
Can you check which tags are affected
July 10, 2021 09:57AM
There are zero scripts that matches 'Lyon Metropolis' and zero configs that matches it. I can't find uploaded json files matching either.

What I can imagine matching is:
* Challenges to log X amount in France where X might be one too high now.
* You continues checkers where this area might need to be adjusted now. One area to remove, and Rhone might touch a few more.
July 10, 2021 12:08PM
- There are no X amount of counties affected in France because all are lower then 97
- There is no contiguous county checker for France
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.