Advanced

Request for a tool implemented as a checker

Request for a tool implemented as a checker
May 14, 2016 04:05PM
I have a list with tools implemented in the checker system http://project-gc.com/forum/read?9,109,109#msg-109

If you what a new tool implemented or have created one please post it here.
Re: Request for a tool implemented as a checker
May 15, 2016 08:54AM
I think it would be good to have tools available to cache owners.

* Weekly emails with checker logging summaries (and checker statuses of each) siimilar to the log edit. Fav Point, or picture posting emails.
* something like a verify tag feature but for multiple caches that a CO owns.

I'm sure there are other cache owner tools that would be useful.
May 15, 2016 09:32AM
You should post that in community support as a feature request

This thread is only for things that can be implemented in the checker system and is not a checker.
June 03, 2016 11:12PM
Is there a way to test a checker against all the cachers in a given state? With the requirement that the challenges be attainable by a reasonable number of cachers, I have been asked to show that at least ten cachers qualify for a proposed challenge that live in the state. If this would be too compute intensive, could it be run against the maybe one thousand cachers with the most finds in a state?

“A challenge cache needs to appeal to and be attainable by a reasonable number of cachers. Your reviewer may ask for a list of cachers from your area who qualify.”

This guideline aims to ensure that a challenge cache is obtainable by a reasonable number of players. If only a few people can find and log a challenge cache, then it’s almost like a private cache. (And private caches aren’t permitted on the website.) The “reasonable number” of cachers must reside in the area where your cache is placed.
June 04, 2016 12:28AM
That cant not be done with a checker. That is what this thread is about. Ask for is as a in the support/community support as a feature request..

I hope you have looked at the statistics function on pgc. You can see who qualify on many challenge with a appropriate filter on them.
Or use to get candidates to test.

The checker system uses AJAX to run the checker.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2016 01:46AM by Target.. (view changes)
June 04, 2016 01:31AM
If faced with this, I would use the Top Finders Stat and work my way down the list. I think it would be unusual for finders with more than 10000 finds not to qualify for most challenges. Unless your new challenge is very weird, I guess you would find 10 who qualify in the first 25 you run try. Care to share the challenge? I'm interested in what people are proposing that fit in the new guidelines.
June 04, 2016 01:35AM
rragan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Care to share the challenge? I'm interested
> in what people are proposing that fit in the new
> guidelines.

I dont understand what you mean?
June 04, 2016 01:43AM
Sorry, unclear. The question was for the poster looking for a tool to find those who could qualify. I assumed, maybe wrongly, that this need arose from a new challenge cache he wanted to hide and wondered what it was.
June 04, 2016 07:58AM
rragan,
Right before the moratorium last year, CuteLilFuzzyMonkey and I put out 137 challenge caches in Florida called the Retired Monkey Challenge Trail. We created a verification page, Verification Page with Magnus' approval to help people see which challenges they qualified for.

The challenge trail was planned to be longer and we had challenges in for approval when the moratorium hit. We were given a short period of time to show that at least ten cachers living in Florida met a challenge or it would not be approved. Most made it, but we has several that we couldn't prove out in time and are still on hold. We also have new ones and it is time consuming to try proving them out.

I know that some of our challenges are getting close to having only ten Florida cachers qualifying, but because the trail attracts cachers from out of state also, we want to have some difficult challenges for these serious cachers that are often world travelers.

So for example, we have Continental Cacher (Bronze) - RM Challenge #114 which requires finding caches on two different continents. Continental Cacher (Silver) - RM Challenge #118 then requires four different continents. Continental Cacher (Gold) - RM Challenge #XXX required six different continents, was submitted, but was put on hold until I could list ten Florida cachers that met this requirement.

To show ten cachers, I first looked at the cachers who qualified for Silver with at least four continents, though I don't know if the reviewer will except these names if they did the trail but live out of state. Many people who cache in Florida, live in the northern United States but spend their winters in Florida. Then I started on the list of top Florida cachers and worked my way down. I now have ten, if I include my wife, but it has been time consuming.

Another example are the attribute challenges. Great Attributes (Gold) - RM Challenge #XXX required 106 attributes, positive and negative, excluding Lost & Found with the Project-GC checker 20790. Since caches with the Partnership cache icon are pretty rare, it often is not the top cachers that meet this challenge so once again, finding the ten in Florida is laborious.

I can give other examples but I think this will give you the idea of what we are trying to do.
Thanks,
RetiredGuy.
June 04, 2016 08:12AM
I think they will be quite easy to find using pgc stats
On the continents one test in order of countries found for cachers from Florida
http://project-gc.com/Statistics/TopNumCountries?profile_country=United+States&profile_region=Florida&submit=Filter

The attributes is easy to if you are a paying member on pgc. Create a custom filter with partnership attributes and do a top filter on Florida. There are 130 finders of one partnership cache from Florida.
Or create a bookmark-list with partnership caches and test against it if you are not a paying member

Testing the top on each list in the checker will likely fast result 10 qualified
June 04, 2016 08:20AM
Target,
Thanks for the suggestions. I am trying both now.
RetiredGuy
June 04, 2016 08:14AM
This is great discussion. Can this topic be moved to "community support as a feature request" so we don't lose the discussion.

RetiredGuy, I love the checker page! Well done.
June 04, 2016 08:19AM
Sloth96 gets the credit for coming up with the Verification Page.
June 04, 2016 08:19AM
RetiredGuy,
Thanks for more info. Do you think all reviewers are likely to demand the proof of 10 in state?

As it happens, I grew up in Fla and visit several times a year. As it happens, I meet the 6 continents challenge criteria if that helps.
June 04, 2016 08:23AM
rragan,
I don't know whether they will require ten that actually live in the state but I know that the challenge caches are a pain for reviewers so I would like to make it as easy as possible for them to approve. I will add your list to the name of cachers that qualify that don't live in the state but get to Florida.
RetiredGuy.
June 09, 2016 02:37AM
I've just written a tool to list all finds a cacher has. This can be useful if someone's asking why PGC's stats differ from GC's.

http://project-gc.com/Challenges//21342
September 18, 2018 05:27PM
Hello,
can I find a list of regions per country, and list of counties per region / country somewhere?
Maybe it's idea for tool - script - tag it by country and script will list all the available regions and counties.
Ideally in format:

"county": [ "Philadelphia County (PA)", "Baltimore city (MD)", "Lancaster County (PA)", "York County (PA)", "Mercer County (NJ)", "Anne Arundel County (MD)", "New York County (NY)", "District of Columbia (DC)" ]

... you know what I mean :)
September 21, 2018 11:20AM
I know only these functions,

static GetNumberOfRegionsInCountry ($country)
Returns number of regions in a country. More...

static GetNumberOfCountiesInCountry ($country)
Returns number of counties in a country. More...

static GetNumberOfCountiesInRegion ($country, $region)
Returns number of counties in a region. More...

I have used simple statistics script , which displays all countries, regions and counties for a selected player. If the numbers match, the list is complete but the tool do not check the numbers.

Maybe these PGC functions should also return the list of those countries, regions and counties but currently only number of items is returned. With a complete list the tool could show found and missing regions easily.
September 21, 2018 11:27AM
I've managed to do this in my script (circa line 200) but it doesn't work for all countries. Bit of trickery so yes, it would be best if we could get PGC functions to return all regions for a country and all counties for a region/country. I've also seen lots of hardcoded number of regions per country in some code, which should rather use the PGC functions since invariably those regions/counties are changed over time.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login