Advanced

Re: Non-premium members using challenge checkers

Non-premium members using challenge checkers
June 14, 2016 02:18PM
Today, I logged in on this site with an account that's a basic member on geocaching.com.
When I checked my premium member account for a challenge I just submitted for review, the result said that the account did not complete the challenge. When logged in with the PM account, the result says the challenge was completed.

One geocache that is needed to classify is not included in the result when logged in as a basic member, probably because it's a 'premium member only' cache.

Does this mean that
1) Basic members can get a wrong result because of PMO caches they previously logged (e.g. when the user was still a premium member or the cache was not PMO yet)?
2) A basic member CO cannot check the log validity of the logs on his challenges when PMO caches are needed to classify?
June 14, 2016 05:05PM
What challenge?
If I am not mistaken the only difference between a basic/premium member runs a checker is that coordinates on premium caches are empty for a basic member. And only checker that use coordinates are affected

The importerat user is the one logged onto project-gc not the name you use in the checker
June 14, 2016 09:28PM
As Target states. The only difference is that a logged in user will not see the coordinates of premium geocaches. Therefore a checker that is dependent on latitude longitude might not handle it correctly if the user running it isn't premium.

Project-GC would expect the script creator to handle the feedback. But a general warning could be expected (which we haven't really thought about).
June 14, 2016 10:29PM
You won't be surprised to hear that the challenge is of the DeLorme type and uses the GenericPolyChecker script. :)

These are of course only minor issues. The chances that a basic member needs a previously found premium geocache to qualify are rather low, and according to the guidelines a cache finder can only log the challenge as found online after the challenges tasks are met and documented (so a basic member CO can ask for the documentation to be added to the log).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login