Advanced

Re: Newbie: How to fulfill an alphanumeric challenge...

Newbie: How to fulfill an alphanumeric challenge...
April 04, 2018 12:11AM
Apologies if this is in the wrong forum: We're trying to finish the alphanumeric challenge on our Proile page by finding caches hidden by a user with the first letter "0" and "9".

No clue whatsoever how to do find these users to finish the challenge. Help please!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2018 12:47AM by Jbird and Zip. (view changes)
April 04, 2018 02:13AM
On the main page of Project-GC, if you click on the "Advanced Search" tab you can filter by owner name. Put one of the characters in that field and select the "starts with" radio button. You'll probably want to put in some location info to limit the search too.
April 04, 2018 02:30AM
On the main page of Project-GC, if you click on the "Advanced Search" ...

LOL -- after two years of using Project-GC, I never noticed the Advanced Search. Thanks for the whack on the head!
April 12, 2018 07:40PM
Well, I found a "cache placed by" someone with a name starting with '9" using the "Advanced Search" tab.

However, there's no one with a name starting with "0" -- even using an array of different parameters.

Anyone else want to try?
April 17, 2018 03:59AM
You could also check on the cache page of the challenge to see with whom people get qualified.
May 10, 2018 12:04AM
Advanced Search doesn't return any Cache Owners that start with 0 for some reason. It can handle the rest of the numbers but not 0. My workaround was to create a list on Virtual GPS and add to it all the caches in the county that you might search in. Then you can go in the list and sort by cache owner.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login