Advanced

Re: help completing positive attributes challenge

help completing positive attributes challenge
April 09, 2018 03:21AM
Hi there,

I'm wondering if there's a feature/function on project-gc that will allow me to search/filter for geocaches that contain any of the positive attributes that I am still missing so that I may work on finishing up a challenge requiring 62 positive attributes (GC5PF55)

Thanks in advance! :)
April 09, 2018 04:37PM
If you are a paying member you can set up custom filters for the missing attributes and in conjunction with map compair you can look for the local caches with those attributes. I have provided a checker which shows you the missing attributes https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC5PF55/34127
April 09, 2018 06:24PM
Edit: after tinkering around I seem to have figured it out :)

Could you possibly elaborate here? I haven't tried out the custom filters yet. I just tried but am not entirely sure how it works. I tried selecting each of my missing attributes (Climbing gear required, Lost and found, UV light required, May require snowshoes, Hike longer than 10km, Wireless beacon required) and clicked "add as required" . However, will this filter show caches that contain any of the above? Or will it only show caches that contain ALL of the above? Is there a way that I can create a filter that will contain ANY of these attributes?

Also, I thought Map Compare was for comparing your finds with someone else's. Could you explain how I can use it for this purpose?

Any help is much appreciated

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2018 07:18PM by korysan. (view changes)
April 10, 2018 02:01AM
You will need to do multiple searches, one for each attribute. Adding multiple attributes to the one custom filter will require them all on the same cache.

Map Compare can be used to compare to any number of others, including zero. Just leave your name in the first field and have the second field blank and it will only give results for you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2018 02:02AM by sumbloke. (view changes)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login