Advanced

New Challenge Rule - clarification

New Challenge Rule - clarification
October 01, 2018 06:56PM
Hi, I was hoping to post a challenge cache for "Double Rainbow" (2 each of red, orange, yellow, etc), and see that a checker does exist for this, but the new rules seem to indicate that you can't use words in a cache title as the basis for a challenge. So...am I out of luck?
Re: New Challenge Rule - clarification
October 01, 2018 11:29PM
Yes, you are out of luck. The new challenge rules are quite restrictive.
October 03, 2018 07:58PM
Not definitely out of luck. You are allowed to make a voluntary challenge - unchallenge. I have just studied this subject and it was tedious work to get a local reviewer on the same page with all secret rules but it is possible and also well known at the HQ.

Unchallenge is basically a traditional cache with description for voluntary challenge. If some geocachers like the idea - as I would - they can do what your voluntary challenge requests to do and go as your cache is a true challenge - and others can find the cache as a normal traditional cache without obeying the rules.

You do not need a checker for unchallenge but it is possible to prepare a tool which works like a checker, but it is not real checker for that cache. It is disallowed to link the tool to the cache description. In your case I assume that there is no need for a tool because the challenge is quite straightforward.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/03/2018 08:05PM by arisoft. (view changes)
October 03, 2018 10:57PM
Thank you for sharing!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login