Advanced

Attribute challenge

Attribute challenge
September 20, 2020 04:12PM
I am looking to doing an attribute challenge - however I am struggling to see where on the GC site you can access the information to show how many of each attribute you have (I know where to look on PGC) - what am I missing ?

cheers
Re: Attribute challenge
September 20, 2020 07:58PM
September 20, 2020 08:31PM
@Foolie
Not the answer I am looking for
As I said in my original message I know where these can be found in PGC - its finding them on the GC site I am struggling with !!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/2020 08:32PM by Deepdiggingmole. (view changes)
September 21, 2020 01:21AM
@sumbloke - yea no arguments there - but it then goes onto say (in the same section you quoted 'source of criteria') "must be verifiable through information on Geocaching.com" - I am trying to find where I can view that information (about attributes) on geocaching.com

or have I misunderstood 'must be verifiable through information on Geocaching.com'

thanks
September 21, 2020 01:31AM
That doesn't need a specific figure that makes it clear, just that the information is there (even if you have to do some manipulation).

For example, there's nowhere on GC which shows numbers of states with finds (the maps on GC only go to the country level), but that is considered a valid challenge condition because the locations of all of the caches and whether or not the user found them are available.
September 21, 2020 02:13AM
Ok cheers

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/21/2020 02:14AM by Deepdiggingmole. (view changes)
September 21, 2020 12:37AM
Why do you feel you need those specific numbers from GC? Is it because of the guideline which says "must come from information broadly available on Geocaching.com"? If so, I would point out the word "broadly" and the fact that it then goes on to mention attributes specifically as a valid source of criteria.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login