Advanced

Checker for GC2ZTZ4 gives unexpected results

Checker for GC2ZTZ4 gives unexpected results
November 17, 2020 06:55AM
Checker URL is https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC2ZTZ4/28078.

The challenge is to find, in a single day, a combination of caches with all nine “star” rating values (1.0/1.5/2.0/2.5/3.0/3.5/4.0/4.5/5.0). The “star” ratings can be either the difficulty or the terrain or a mix of the two. A single cache can be counted for 2 of the star ratings. The date shown is the last day I was out caching, and I had 2 finds and 1 DNF that day. Thanks!

When I run the checker, I get the following result -

1.0:
1.5: GC8KN7Y: Steamed Rice, 2020-11-13,
2.0:
2.5:
3.0:
3.5:
4.0:
4.5:
5.0:

gccode difficulty terrain name
GC8KN7Y 1.5 1.5 Steamed Rice
Re: Checker for GC2ZTZ4 gives unexpected results
November 17, 2020 10:32PM
You haven't completed the challenge. Since the checker couldn't find a matching day, it just gave the results for the last day it checked (the last day you cached). And since the two finds you had on that day were both 1.5/1.5 caches, it's only giving one result.

I can confirm that it is using the same cache for both ratings if they are different, since my results for that checker give the same cache twice (again only the last day I cached since I haven't completed the challenge either).
November 17, 2020 11:43PM
Thank you. That makes sense. Would it be possible to generate an error message that states the cacher has not met the requirements for the challenge? Even better (if possible, and may not be possible), could it show the closest day you had to meeting the challenge? Thanks so much.
November 17, 2020 11:46PM
I don't believe that particular script would be capable of showing the best day. It would be possible to have a failure message instead of the existing output. You would need the tagger (in this case vogelbird) to make that change. I've just sent him an email to draw his attention to this thread.
November 18, 2020 11:19AM
Message added in the output
"sorry, you have not fulfilled this challenge yet and the result shown is your last day of finding caches"
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login