Advanced

Re: Run checker locally on my computer

Run checker locally on my computer
July 11, 2021 10:25AM
Is there a possibility to run a checker locally?
I am working on the challenge "GC7PDTA - Einmal quer durch die Republik – Challenge (Germany)".
The reason for my question is the orange colour of the circles that indicate where the route can be extended. Since this is a colour I can't see well, I would like to change the colour to black or red, but I would have to be able to run the checker locally.
July 24, 2021 07:13PM
Next idea:
Is there a way to clone a checker?
My idea is to change the color from orange zu black. Clone the checker and run it with a gc-code from one of me passed event.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2021 07:14PM by Grümscheler. (view changes)
July 24, 2021 08:06PM
Yes, that is possible.
July 26, 2021 02:27PM
Sorry, replay at wrong position

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/2021 02:47PM by Grümscheler. (view changes)
July 25, 2021 04:22PM
I have full colorvision and never realized that script had orange circles because they blended in with the map I usually use.

A clone of the checker wont change the color of the circles. I made a suggestion to Project-GC to add grayscale maps and they said they would check if that's possible (depends on the map-library they use). In the mean time I made a colorblindness-version of the checker script.

Here is a link with the the same tags as the challenge you've linked but the output has black/gray circles instead of orange, let me know if the green/red needs changing too and I'll see what I can do about it. https://project-gc.com/Challenges//62243
July 26, 2021 02:48PM
Thank you
The colour of the circles is perfect.
If you could also make the thin red line that shows the air line between the end points a little thicker, that would be great.
Greetings from Switzerland
Rico
July 26, 2021 03:08PM
I'm glad it works better for you!

I made the "air line" between the end points a little thicker and a little less transparent, I also made the same changes to the big red circle and the line of the green area shown in the checker. Let me know if this works for you.

The problem I see is that if I make the "air line" to thick it will be a bit hard to see/understand that it's not the same line as the "cache trail line" so if it needs to be thicker I'm thinking it might be a better idea to change the color to something else than red to make it more clear that it's different lines? :) Suggestions welcome for smaller modifications of the lines like color and thickness to make it as good as possible.
July 26, 2021 03:13PM
Many thanks
For me this is perfect, thank you very much for your effort.
Kind regards
Rico
July 26, 2021 03:26PM
Thank you for the quick reply! Great to hear that you're happy with it, I'm glad I was able to solve this for you. :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login