Advanced

Re: Checking for unique cache owners as well as other criteria

Checking for unique cache owners as well as other criteria
December 13, 2021 03:47AM
I have adopted a few grandfathered challenge caches that do not need to have checkers. In addition to needing words in their titles, the caches need to be placed by unique cache owners. For example, for the rainbow challenge, finders cannot use a rainbow series to meet the challenge. Each cache meeting the word aspect of the challenge must be from a different cache owner.

That's how they were published. I don't want to change the unique cache owner criteria.

Two of these caches (GC50ENV and GC50EH4) have checkers that cachers find on Project-GC. The other doesn't - GC55EF7. However, those checkers are not checking for unique cache owners.

So my questions are:
Is it possible to both check for words and then check for different cache owners? I'm thinking this might require a backtracking algorithm as the checker decides whether to include a cache from a particular owner. But maybe some heuristics could be applied.
If such a checker isn't possible, can the checkers be removed or the results tagged somehow so that it doesn't appear that they correctly check when they don't?

Thank you.

Beth Katz - BethKatzPA
December 13, 2021 11:53AM
The checker for GC50ENV and GC50EH4 are removed
December 13, 2021 01:32PM
Thank you.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login