Advanced

Re: Validity of Checker/Tag for a new Challenge geocache

Validity of Checker/Tag for a new Challenge geocache
August 21, 2022 11:30PM
Am doing my first "modern" Challenge cache. Did look through FAQ and this forum to answer some of my questions, but two I have not solved yet.

I am copying a checker used for a challenge geocache in another country, and have now cloned it.

But reviewer asked me to verify two things:
  1. I need to show that a minimum number (in my country) qualify for the Challenge. Can this be done in a simple way?
  2. I need also to specify the closest similar Challenge. I have a tag parametrized with a value. How do I check for other Challenge caches using the same "tag"?

Here is the previous Challenge cache I was planning to copy: https://www.geocaching.com/geocache/GC4RKTC_krakow-challenge-frequent-traveller

The need to find minimum required number of persons that fulfill seems like a common thing. Of course, I could check with 10 persons I believe (me and 9 more) comply but would that not update the numbers shown? Even so, it would take some time to lookup that.

The need to find similar geocaches with the same type of challenge would be a good one even for non-COs. If I know of more "Frequent traveler" style geocaches around the world I might go visit them ;-)
August 22, 2022 05:18AM
Unfortunately there is no good way to find people that already qualify, other than by running various names through the Challenge checker. A good place to start might be a tool like https://project-gc.com/Statistics/TopNumCountries; it will give you a list of local names ranked by the number of countries they have visited. Maybe some of them qualify.

If someone does qualify, post their name in a list in your Reviewer Note on the cache page. If the Reviewer doesn’t trust you they can use the Challenge checker to confirm the ten.

I see three GC#s associated that script. GC4RKTC, GC8FY0H, and yours.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/22/2022 05:23AM by Hügh. (view changes)
August 22, 2022 08:00AM
Thanks, Hügh
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login