Advanced

Re: New to creating checkers and the forums

New to creating checkers and the forums
October 26, 2022 05:23PM
So I love to find challenges, even though I usually don’t qualify for them. I want to start making some more friendly challenges for my region, as well as some of my own personal achievement, so this is where I need some clarifications. I wanted to post this here so I don’t flood the request forums with my questions.

My first question is with the tag cloning. So based off my knowledge, cloning a challenge allows me to use a challenge checker that already exists toward a cache of my own. My question is what if, for say, the challenge checker is for “finding 100 events” and I want to change this to finding only 50 finds. Do I submit a new request for the different amount of caches required, or is there something in the tag clone that will allow me to adjust the criteria.

The other question has to do with confirmation of my challenge. I saw something saying I could ask to see if a challenge I want to create is even possible to script or is allowed by the guidelines. I’m wondering where I should ask this. Since I’m already writing this now, I will ask to see if my first challenge meets the requirements:

I’m thinking of a jasmer related challenge, where you would need at least 20 completed years, and from there, you would need like 10 years with at least 1 cache placed in each month, 5 years with at lest 2, 2 years with 3, 2 years with 5, and 1 year with 10 or something similar. I’m wondering if this would be allowed for years 2022 and earlier once 2023 starts, or if that’s against the guidelines. In this case, I would just remove the restriction of 2022 and before, and make it accessible for years going forward. If anyone who is more knowledgeable can confirm if this is allowed, then I will request a checker in 2023 once I reach the requirements I want to set.

Again, all this stuff is new to me, and I’m just trying to understand how to use this forums page for my future challenges!
Re: New to creating checkers and the forums
October 27, 2022 11:49AM
Here are the answers
1) My first question ........
We can not change a cloned checker if you require a different quantity you have to place a request in the forum
2) The other question ....
Please read the challenge guidelines https://www.geocaching.com/help/index.php?pg=kb.chapter&id=127&pgid=206
and also the READ FIRST https://project-gc.com/forum/read?8,8362,8362#msg-8362

On the Jasmer challenges you can specify the various combinations apart from a complete Jasmer 2 times or more. The reviewers will not allow this
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login