Advanced

Searching for existing checkers

Searching for existing checkers
March 02, 2023 05:28AM
Hi!
Is there are a better way to search for specific checkers that could already exist, that I could just clone?
Like, by searching for the actual tags on the challenges? Say, I want to find a challenge for a 2-week mystery streak.

At the moment, it seems I can only search for the cache name. But obviously, the cache owner can have all different names for their challenges, that don't necessarily explicitly include the phrase "two week mystery streak".

So, what I'm asking, how can I find the checker for this, if I know that I want "unknown" and "streak", and "14 days", but say, there is an existing checker for it for a cache that has a cache name, eg. "Mystery streaking challenge"
Re: Searching for existing checkers
March 02, 2023 02:41PM
Please read the guidelines first because you are trying to find a checker which is not allowed as a challenge
March 02, 2023 02:44PM
The "find checker"-search also searches the script and the tags. Searching for "Mystery streak" gives me lots of hits of caches that don't have the word "mystery" or "streak" in their name.

I do want to mention that your example is not publishable under the current guidelines since you're not allowed to specify cache types during a streak.
March 03, 2023 02:50AM
Well, that clears this question, not in a way I thought it would :) I didn't realize that all existing challenges involving a streak or particular type are grandfathered challenges.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login