Advanced

Re: how many local cachers qualify

how many local cachers qualify
April 13, 2017 05:33AM
I have created some challenges but my review said I need a reasonable number of local cachers that qualify for some of the harder ones. but I can't find a defined number and this seems kind of subjective. does anyone know what a reasonable number should be?
April 13, 2017 10:04AM
It is subjective unfortunately and probably varies by country as to what 'local' and 'reasonable number' mean.
For harder rated caches I'd personally would say 5 people who have cached in the area of your challenge before would count as reasonable - to me this is in line with the number of finds that a high D/T roped tree climbing or boat only cache could be expected to get in a typical year (depending where you are/the nature of the local cachers). However I'm not a reviewer and they may have different interpretations.
April 13, 2017 01:05PM
I only know the criteria for Canada, Ontario where the minimum number is 10 cachers in the region and Denmark where the reviewer asks for 50 cachers in the whole country.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/13/2017 03:01PM by vogelbird. (view changes)
April 13, 2017 04:49PM
ok thank you
April 16, 2017 04:48PM
10 seems to be what our reviewer wants although the definition of local may be a bit fuzzy.
May 11, 2017 03:34PM
I have been asked to show that 10 fulfills it. I have also gotten challenges approved with less if I have been able to show that several geocachers can fulfill it by doing very simple tasks nearby their homes.

An example (that I have not tested with the reviewers, yet) could be "Fill your calendar with 1.5/1.5", then it's likely that hundreds of Geocachers can fulfill it within a month with a very very small effort and low gas bill.
July 17, 2017 07:56PM
The answers given vary and I would guess the answers from the Reviewers would include variabljes based on their own territories and knowledge of some of their constituents.
However, I read the question to mean how can you determine who qualifies for a particular Challenge with one query. There are checkers that provide statistics on rankings for example of geocachers with FTFs but I don't know of a way to do this with a unique Challenge.
If there is a way, then you could run the Checker and provide the Reviewer with the information to see if it is satisfactory for the new Challenge.
I have checked individuals to see who qualifies for a Challenge but it is tedious replacing the name one at a time.
December 26, 2017 09:36AM
10 is the magic number in the Netherlands
January 22, 2018 02:33AM
'bout 10 in Texas
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login