To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: Checker request for Challenge~Hollandse Meesters~(GC6M0NP)

[Cancelled] Checker request for Challenge~Hollandse Meesters~(GC6M0NP)
June 19, 2016 11:38AM
Hello,

For a new challenge cache I would like to have a checker.
Requirments for this challenge is that the cachers have found at least 1 traditional cache out of the top 5 most favoured traditional caches of every province in the Netherlands.
A specific time is not required, just the finds.
Hopefully it is possible to make a checker for this, thanks in advance.

RaMaRoMa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/2016 03:06PM by RaMaRoMa. (view changes)
June 20, 2016 06:08AM
I can't find any existing script which can handle this requirement, so it looks like a new script would be needed. It looks like the necessary API methods are available.
June 20, 2016 06:52AM
A few questions:

I assume the five most favoured would only count non-archived caches? What about disabled?
Is the challenge on favourite points or percentage or Wilson score? (following questions assume points but are valid for any system)
If there's multiple caches at the same number of favourite points for fifth, do any of them count?
Would a cacher qualify if they had found a cache which has been archived but had more favourite points than the fifth-highest active cache?
June 20, 2016 07:05AM
Hello,

Yes only non-archived caches, if they are disabled but in the top 5 and the cacher has found this one it also counts.
The challenge is on favourite points only.
And if there are multiple caches at the same number any of them count. The cacher don't qualify if they had found a cache which has been archived but had more favourite points than the fifth-highest active cache.
And it counts only for the traditional caches.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/20/2016 07:09AM by RaMaRoMa. (view changes)
June 20, 2016 01:10PM
Why is archived cached removed? Is there a reason that if a cache is archived you can go from pass to fail?

You can include archived/disabled caches if they are found
It is allowed according to the guidlines. Archived can be include

But my guess is that users cant be forced to find disabled caches and they should be optional. I had that problem with my similar challenge. finding the top 10 %FP caches in the region.
June 20, 2016 01:45PM
Maybe it is good to include archived caches then.

If a cacher found a cache that is disabled when he runs the checker, that cache also counts as a found.
And they have the option to go to another cache that is not disabled, they just have to find one out of the top five
traditionals with the most favourite points in every province of the Netherlands.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/20/2016 01:54PM by RaMaRoMa. (view changes)
June 21, 2016 06:40AM
Hello,

As I understand a new script has to be written for this checker. Can somebody tell me how long this will
take, I already have my listing ready so when the checker is finished I want to put it up for review.

Thanks.
June 23, 2016 11:14AM
Hello,

I've planned to visit the required caches this Sunday so that I will fulfil the challenge myself. Hopefully the checker will be available in the coming days so I can send my challenge for review.

Thanks to everybody who is working on it (tu):)
June 29, 2016 06:22PM
I did a little research myself for this checker. I think I have found the correct script, Script name: Generic favorite points Checker (by Target.).
The tag should be something likethis for only 1 province:
{
"country": "Netherlands",
"regions": "Drenthe",
"toptype": "favorite_points",
"nrtop": 5
"percentFound": 20,
"types": [ "Traditional Cache"],
"excludeArchived": false
''excludeDisabled'': false
}
The output of this checker would be that you have to find 1 out of the top 5 traditional caches with the most favourite points in the region/province "Drenthe".
Only thing I would like is to do this for all regions/provinces of the Netherlands. Is it possible to do this by only adjusting the region, something like this:
{
"regions": 12,
"country": "Netherlands",
"toptype": "favorite_points",
"nrtop": 5
"percentFound": 20,
"types": [ "Traditional Cache"],
"excludeArchived": false
''excludeDisabled'': false

"region": [
"Drenthe",
"Flevoland",
"Friesland",
"Gelderland",
"Groningen",
"Limburg",
"Noord-Brabant",
"Noord-Holland",
"Overijssel",
"Utrecht",
"Zeeland",
"Zuid-Holland",
]
}
or is it a little bit more complex?
June 29, 2016 07:59PM
It's a bit more complex than what you are suggesting.
Your config say the top 5 in the Netherlands instead of each top 5 in every province.

It is Target's own script so he knows best what you can do with it.
June 30, 2016 02:43PM
Then I think script making is not my thing and I have to leave it up to you guys, the professionals :)
July 29, 2016 05:26PM
Hello,

The reviewer has given a OK for this challenge. Only thing is that archived and disabled caches have to be included in the checker, so when a cacher found a cache that is archived or disabled but still in the top 5 favorite traditional caches per province, it also counts for the challenge.
September 07, 2016 10:59AM
Hello,

I would like to make a little change to the request. I want the requirements for this challenge to be that the cachers have found at least 1 traditional cache out of the top 10 most favored traditional caches of every province in the Netherlands.

March 27, 2017 10:30AM
I am modifying my oldest in N regions script to support this challenge. Initial indications are that it runs slowly which may mean it is subject to timeouts.

Hopefully a working version will be out within a week.
March 27, 2017 10:51AM
Hello sloth96,

I forgot to mention that the challenge has changed and I requested for a new checker that is up and running already.
So for me you don't need to put a lot of time in this one.

Thanks again
March 27, 2017 10:53AM
Ok. If I get it working, I will let you know. It can always go to another container.

Thanks for taking this off the todo list.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2017 11:15AM by sloth96. (view changes)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login