To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

[Cancelled] Checker request for 30 'non physical caches in 30 days

[Cancelled] Checker request for 30 'non physical caches in 30 days
January 13, 2019 02:14AM
Hi there, am I able to request a script for cachers to find (at least) 30 non physical caches (so Earthcaches, Webcam, virtual, events, CITO events, mega events and giga events) to be completed within 30 days. no specific order or restrictions, ie the finder may log for 30 earth caches or perhaps instead something like 20 EC's, 2 virtuals, 5 events, 1 Cito event, and two webcams. Of coarse cachers may find other cache types within this period, however the listed types will be the only ones included for the challenge. Cachers may find one qualifying cache per day or find lets say 10 on one day and the rest more spread out. No restrictions on how many per day they choose to find (they could even complete 30 on one day if they chose to do as this is still within the the 30 day guideline). The 30 days counted would be consecutive, ie may start 1st of march 2018 and conclude 30th march 2018 but can start any time eg 15th september 2018 to 15th october 2018
Re: Checker request for 30 'non physical caches in 30 days
January 13, 2019 10:39AM
A checker is possible but depending on your local reviewer this challenge might still be seen as time limited caching.
I would advice you to contact your local reviewer to see if he would publish your cache.
In any case you still have not fulfilled your own challenge yet.
January 14, 2019 12:02AM
Hmm, I have read the guidelines and it does technically work, but you are right it is a bit of a grey area. To simplify it for both yourself and the reviewer, is it possible to have JUST Earthcaches, Virtuals and Webcams as the caches needed to qualify? I feel the events part over complicates the requirements and my local reviewer doesn't like things that confuse him too much. That being said there are two reviewers in my area that I am in regular contact with, and will be able to get this criteria to work without too much difficulty.

So just to re-clarify, 30 'non physical caches which include any singular type or combination of earthcache, virtual cache and webcam hides to be found within 30 consecutive days. Yes I have not qualified yet, but I will most definately work toward this fairly achievable goal in my area before I consider publishing.

Thank you for your help!
January 14, 2019 12:53AM
Reviewer here. This is "time-limited caching." Are you asking for a checker for an older, grandfathered challenge cache? You didn't provide a GC Code.
January 14, 2019 02:49AM
No this would be for a new one, yep, another read of the guidelines and I can see the problem. Thank you for your guidance.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login