To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

[Cancelled] GC8FCTA - Checker Request: at least 1 found log with attribute "needs maintenance" (SUBJECT UPDATED)

Hi,

is there anyone around who can help me with a new checker for my geocache GC8FCTA ?

Requirements: the geocacher should have at least one found log which contains the tag [Rescue-Cache-Asperg]

Thank you very much for your support!

Viele Grüße

Oli

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/29/2019 05:17PM by GeoOliC. (view changes)
Re: GC8FCTA - Checker Request: at least 1 found log with tag [Rescue-Cache-Asperg]
October 29, 2019 04:20PM
I,m sorry but a challenge based on log content is not allowed.

Please read https://www.geocaching.com/help/index.php?pg=kb.chapter&id=127&pgid=206#criteria
Challenge cache criteria must be based upon the type of log, not on the log content.
ok, let's try something else. Is the following requirement possible:

geocacher should have at least one find logged at a cache with the "needs maintenance" attribute?

The purpose is to positively honour geocachers who help each other by offering the cache owner their support, e.g. by placing a new logbook inside or change a damaged container.

If done so, I would like to support this with my new "Rescue-Cache-Asperg", so everyone who saved a geocache from being archived by supporting the cache owner in case of "needs maintenance" has completed the challenge and can log my challenge cache.

Is that possible?

Thank you for your suport!

Viele Grüße

Oli

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/29/2019 05:17PM by GeoOliC. (view changes)
I have updated the suject of this topic from

Re: GC8FCTA - Checker Request: at least 1 found log with tag [Rescue-Cache-Asperg]

to

Re: GC8FCTA - Checker Request: at least 1 found log with attribute "needs maintenance" (SUBJECT UPDATED)

Sorry, if I caused confusion ...
Re: GC8FCTA - Checker Request: at least 1 found log with attribute "needs maintenance" (SUBJECT UPDATED)
October 29, 2019 05:28PM
This is a question for your local reviwer if he would allow such a challenge.

My reviewer would not allow for the simple reason that before finding this challenges you could give at random a need maintenance.
The other reason is that this attribute switches on and off. So one day you fulfill the challenge and the next you do not
ok, so let's give it a try if you would be so kind :-)

Otherwise: do you know an other way to reach my goal (a rescue-cache challenge as described above?)

Viele Grüße

Oli
no, thats not what fits to my idea.

Thank you anyway.
October 30, 2019 06:14PM
OK, here is the checker for GC8FCTA - Checker Request: at least 1 found log with attribute "needs maintenance"
https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC8FCTA/46079

So I leave it up to your reviewer
I will try it - we will see.

Thank you very much for your support!
October 30, 2019 06:23PM
Let us know the outcome
the reviewer shared your opinion that this kind of challenge could not be published.

Anyway: thank you very much for your support and your always very quick response !!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login